Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Enough about Randle El already !

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Enough about Randle El already !

That's all they talked about in pre game...Theisman and Kornhole kept bringing it up during the game. Enough about ARE already. He's gone, he moved on, its his choice. We got alot of young talent that is more than capable of replacing him in the return game and on the field with the offense as they develop. Personally Im just tired of hearing about it. Yeah he was good, he was a fan favorite, he did alot of things for us and I liked him alot as a player...but get over it already. The Steelers have proven year in and year out that nobody is irreplaceable. If we thought we couldnt live without him, we'd have offered him the ridiculous amount of money that Daniel Snyder overpaid to get him.

Thanks for listening

SA's #1 James Farrior Fan PITT23's Avatar
    I agree, the only reason I can't blame them much is that it's preseason, not many people outside of Pit. and Philly care about the 3rd team players so they need to talk about something.
    :: Whoa, where the hell was I for 2 years?::

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Good point....thats why they should have some of us real fans in there to help commentate the game. We got plenty to talk about !

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
    Good point....thats why they should have some of us real fans in there to help commentate the game. We got plenty to talk about !
    This would be awesome! Or they could just let us do the talking behind the scenes and into their headsets!!! I'm sure we could give them some really good information

I wasn't getting sick of hearing about the loss of Randel el also! He was a great returner and he started a lot of our gadget plays, but there are plenty of other Randel els out there! If we don't make it back to the Super Bowl he isn't going to be the reason why, that's for sure!

My Mood
    Amazed
    ARE ran East & West as opposed to North & South too many times. He came through when needed but it was his college qb abilities that made probably the biggest play of his career, the pass to Ward in the superbowl.

A friend of mine in da burgh drove all over Grove City mall and the area in between there and Pittsburgh to get me an EL jersey as a surprise. She knew I wanted his jersey becaus he came from the Big 10 and she knows what a college football freak I am. When she gave me that jersey I almost cried because I was so happy to wear ARE's name on my back.

BUT....................

When he turned in his blackngold, he became an instant non issue to me. I wish him well but just like tonight I had a live draft and I passed over his name with literally no feelings! He is no longer a Steeler so give it up. What they should have said is, "Deadskins owners have more money than brains because ARE is not worth what they paid him."
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

My Mood
    Clowns
    They also need to tell the same thing to John Steigerwald on KDKA who keeps saying night after night when he is on tv that Randle El is going to be soo hard to replace and that he is from another planet and ridiculous statements like that. He also that if you put Randle El back on the Steelers right now he would still be the 2nd best receiver on the team. Look the guy came up big in the playoffs and super bowl when we needed him, but to sit here and continually say he will not be replaced when you have a guy like Willie Reid who looks just as explosive as Randle El and doesnt run backwards constantly like El is just insane. Randle El is a good player but he will one of those many players who leave the Steelers and then fade into the abyss after a year or two. Steigerwald really needs to get off Randle El's nuts and just shut up. I get so sick of listening to him night after night kiss his ***.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I agree. I was sitting there thinking okay how many more times are we gonna hear about this bs!

#1 Hater of the other 30 SteelCityMan786's Avatar
    All need to shut up about Randle EL already. The Steelers are gonna still be a good team without Randle El. The Special teams was the main reason Randle El was good. Also another thing. He didn't catch as much like Hines did. He's not in a Steelers uniform anymore. They all need to DROP IT!

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    God Bless Blitz!

I agree. Not only that , but when they should his stats, I was thinking "Big Deal" Nothing really stood out. Yes a trick play now and then. But overall, if Santonio Holmes is 40% as good as he is suppose to be, then he will be better than ARE. Also Wilson seems like he is a better rec. And Morgan looks descent. I`m not ripping on ARE , he was a class act, or is. But Daniel "The Dummy" Synder gave him an offer that he couldn`t refuse. To bad for ARE he never live up to that salary, and will only see two seasons in Wash.

#1 Hater of the other 30 SteelCityMan786's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clevestinks
    God Bless Blitz!

I agree. Not only that , but when they should his stats, I was thinking "Big Deal" Nothing really stood out. Yes a trick play now and then. But overall, if Santonio Holmes is 40% as good as he is suppose to be, then he will be better than ARE. Also Wilson seems like he is a better rec. And Morgan looks descent. I`m not ripping on ARE , he was a class act, or is. But Daniel "The Dummy" Synder gave him an offer that he couldn`t refuse. To bad for ARE he never live up to that salary, and will only see two seasons in Wash.
    He's only gonna get 29% of his contract. Unless he is used for pretty much just special teams

Thread Information