Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chances of Big Ben retiring as steeler

Bookmark and Share
    Starter

Chances of Big Ben retiring as steeler

What does everybody think the chances are of Roethlisberger retiring as a Steeler? or at least spend the majority of his career with us? cause I really think this guy will be the future for us. I also think he needs to grow his beard back.lol

SA's Biggest Fan
    My Mood
    Stressed
    I think the chances are pretty good that he'll be here for awhile. IMO, they're not gonna let a "franchise QB" go without a good fight. I also agree that the beard needs to come back! lol

Starter
    Yeah cause I love this guy. I know there are skeptics, but this year they will be proven wrong.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    It all depends on Ben. If he bounces back and has a solid year like he did his first 2 in the league, then yes I believe he Rooney's will do all they can to keep him here. They'll never overpay anybody though, we've seen that time and time again so it's going to be up to Ben as much as it is the Rooney's to make sure they can agree on a fair number.

Signing a QB to an extension is a lot more difficult than resigning any other position no matter what it is. Assuming Ben has a good year this year and continues to do so, you can bet he'll command top dollar in the market, a market the Steelers have not had to deal with in a very LONG time since we haven't had a franchise QB since really Terry Bradshaw. Sure I guess you could say Kordell we thought was going to be one when they gave him that huge deal just before Heinz was built but overall Ben is the biggest player we'll have to sign when the time comes.

Waterboy
    i don't think there is an answer to this question at the present time. depends on how he plays in the future.

www.lunaticshirts.com
    I WANT TO PISTOL WHIP DOUCHMANZEDAH AND HORSE TEETH!

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar
    50/50

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

well it really depends, if he plays like he used to, like he showed us he still could down that final stretch last year....he'll be around. He is signed through the 09 season i believe, by then we should be looking at the prime of his career, and if he ever hits that high point in his prime you better beleive its gonna be something special since he is still so young and has accomplished so much. Hes a winner...plain and simple and minus last year (which i will refer to as the dark year we wish not to speak of) he has done great things for us, and mabey, just mabey not having cowher baby the nshit out of him will be the best thing that ever happened to him. Most QBs dont have there breakout year until year 3-4....people forget that ben is still a young guy, who knows, mabey that year will be this year and he'll come out and light up the sky.

House of Steel
    Awesome post, K-train. That is one of the best post I've read that you've written. Big Props to you. I agree, we will worry about that in 2009. Right now, witness and live the greatest times in being a Steelers Fan.

Rookie Free Agent
    I think its pretty much 85% he plays the majority of his career with the Steelers , 50/50 he plays his whole career , and about 60% that he plays at least 10 yrs , I think he might play like 1-2 yrs outside of the Steelers.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    It all depends on Ben. If he bounces back and has a solid year like he did his first 2 in the league, then yes I believe he Rooney's will do all they can to keep him here. They'll never overpay anybody though, we've seen that time and time again so it's going to be up to Ben as much as it is the Rooney's to make sure they can agree on a fair number.

Signing a QB to an extension is a lot more difficult than resigning any other position no matter what it is. Assuming Ben has a good year this year and continues to do so, you can bet he'll command top dollar in the market, a market the Steelers have not had to deal with in a very LONG time since we haven't had a franchise QB since really Terry Bradshaw. Sure I guess you could say Kordell we thought was going to be one when they gave him that huge deal just before Heinz was built but overall Ben is the biggest player we'll have to sign when the time comes.
    i don't think it's the most difficult, how many legit starting qb's do you see on the move every year?? pretty much none....... when ben proves the haters wrong, he'll be here for the rest of his career......... we usually don't pay very much, but all those position we let go are easily replaced......qb's ain't, so i think the rooney's would pay ben if ben proves last year was a fluke........
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Thread Information