Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming pre draft visits.....

Bookmark and Share
    the only reason Smith and gonzalas are so low is because the talent is stacked this year, johnson puts them all to shame but the other spots can be pretty interchangable.

i think bowe is a ****ing beast, he just has "it", hes a huge guy with speed and really destroys corners at the line of scrimmage. hes inexpierienced and raw but the potential is endless

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    the only reason Smith and gonzalas are so low is because the talent is stacked this year, johnson puts them all to shame but the other spots can be pretty interchangable.

i think bowe is a ****ing beast, he just has "it", hes a huge guy with speed and really destroys corners at the line of scrimmage. hes inexpierienced and raw but the potential is endless
    Yea Calvin Johnson is a step above every WR in this draft. I like Bowe alot and then Ginn. Yes Bowe is a ****ing beast plus he likes to block.

I like this visit and at 15 i LOVE this pick... with out trading up i dont see us taking a more TALENTED player in this first than Jarrett. He and Johnson both have the frame to bulk up and not loose speed. You guys were right about him playing alot faster than what his 40's showed. And the guy is an animal when the ball is in the air, and i really think thats what Ben needs someone who he just has to put the ball in his direction and let him fight for it. Alot of recievers have a problem getting off the line in bump-and-run coverage... thats something that Tomlin and Arians can and would fix in his first year. PLUS he would most likely be fighting for a 3-4 spot on the depth chart which means he will be matched up more with safetys and i LOVE that match up. Great pick and i have been saying that since i saw where we ha pick 15. Arians has stressed he'd like to spread the field more this year w/ more 4 wr sets... i not in love with this but if its gonna work Washington and Wilson at 3 and 4 WILL NOT work out.

Bowe is also a beast, and maybe more of a steelers type reciever, but not a #15 pick, i also like Meacham... Gonzales is good but i really dont see him having 1/4 of the production or receptions in the pros as he had in OSU.

Steve smith has something about him that reminds me of hines ward, i dont think jarrett is worth 15

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Steve smith has something about him that reminds me of hines ward, i dont think jarrett is worth 15
    I dont know why you think that really, at the possitions we need help at G, LB, and WR he is pobley gonna be the best player available and thats usually how we pick. Smith is a talent but really not the style of WR Ben needs imo. We need someone big to stretch the field and go up and get the ball and i think thats Jarrett or Bowe.

Quote Originally Posted by steelcitysfinestXL View Post
    I dont know why you think that really, at the possitions we need help at G, LB, and WR he is pobley gonna be the best player available and thats usually how we pick. Smith is a talent but really not the style of WR Ben needs imo. We need someone big to stretch the field and go up and get the ball and i think thats Jarrett or Bowe.
    personally i think jarrett is not the kind of receiver we need, i think bowe or meachem are that type of guy...meachems stock has skyrocketed as of late. I understand why you like jarrett, he was amazing in college, i just dont think hes pro material yet...shouldve stayed at school. Ginn isnt at that big guy your talking about, but he would be badass too, thats some intense speed on the field with holmes....but i would prefer the physicality that bowe brings to the table.

Earlier you mentioned you like the matchup of jarrett on a safety????????? i would NOT send that man over the middle of the field...he would be murdered out there...but i would send bowe or meachem.....they could handle a safety, jarrett definetly couldnt.

I like the size of Jarrett for the sole reason that ben has told reporters many times that he liked having burress because of his ability to be a mach up problem at 6'5 against most defenders. at 6'4 with better hands than burress i think Jarrett would be great for him. I really only watched like 5 USC games this year but i didnt see Jarrett as affraid to go across the middle. His problem is going getting off press coverage by NFL DB's which i think you can credit to the fact the PAC-10 had a pretty weak cornerback presence this season. Plus this is somthing that i think can be taught to a talented athelete like Jarrett fairly easy and probley as early as pre-season. Michigan was one of the best defenses in the nation. Jarrett went for 200 yards in the bowl game gainst them (mainly Hall as i believe you reminded me in another post)

going over the middle against UCLA or CAL isnt exacly going over the middle against ed reed or sean taylor. I understand why ben liked burress, but burress would get physical and block down field(despite how we might feel about him now...he did), jarrett is kinda weak. i could be completely wrong about him, he might be a superstar in the NFL, im just not so sure we are complete enough to take that chance at this point.

Oh i was and still am a big plex fan, but he was just like what people are saying Jarretts going to be. He didnt want to block, he didnt go hi across the middle an he didnt have BLAZING speed like a Calvin Johnson. He larned to block in his last 2 seasons playing w/ward and el. Which i think Jarrett can do also. Blocking is a want to thing, you dont have to be born a great blocking WR. Blocking i contageous onc young guys see ward doing it they start to want to do it them selves. El did it, Plex, Holmes started to do it last year and i think who ever we bringin will learn to do it.

Thread Information