Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coclough hasn't shown much

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted
    I agree Matt. Depth is going to become an issue. Townsend is moving up and years and Coc not getting it done. It looks like next year we will draft some more CBs.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Hopefully we will have Ike and McFadden starting in the next year or two and keep Townsend around to help in the dime or nickel. We still have 3 or 4 pretty good safeties too. But either way we will need to draft a CB or two in the coming drafts.

Wow, this is really surprising talk. Cowher has already compared Coke's progress this year with Ike's last year, and that is in no way shape or form surprising, considering that both came from small schools and we all knew they'd need a couple years of reps to get into the groove. If Coke is making THAT kind of progress, not only will he not be cut, he could very well find himself taking over at CB providing he can beat out McFadden for the nickel back spot.

I will admit that I was wrong about Townsend. He continues to perform at a very high level, high enough to keep to "comers" like Coke and McF out of the starting lineup...

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I just havent seen enough in Coc to impress me enough to consider making him anymore than a backup right now. He continually gets beat deep in the secondary and his kickoff return game is nothing special. He's done well in the last 2 preseasons but this one so far he's not done that much IMO. If he beats out McFadden for more playing time this year at all, barring injury, I'll give you 5000 points Suit !

Actually, that's interesting, because I think he's almost always in position...take away that play (where his deep help was gone) and he's looked good in the preseason...

I have a feeling that, provided Townsend gets/stays healthy, it's still Deshea's job to lose.

Thread Information