Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Steelers Mock...........

Bookmark and Share

My Steelers Mock...........

Here is my Steelers Mock draft (rounds 1-4a):
    1. Dwyane Bowe, LSU. I say the Steelers don't go OLB in first round based on the depth of this draft at DE/OLB. If Adrians really wants to spread things out, then we need a wideout in round 1. Bowe would end up a SE in our offense. He has incredible timed speed at 4.40 in the 40. He has good character. Also: HE CAN BLOCK! This is important in the Steelers offense. Bowe also has good size at 6'2", 221 lbs. It would be a great pick up and smack in the face to all "experts" who think we take Leon Hall.

2. Anthony Spencer, Purdue. Most mocks have him going in the first round, but with the depth at this position he could slide to the second where Kevin Colbert would probably trade-up to nab him. Spencer is extremely physical with good size (6'3", 261 lbs). Spencer, is enthusiastic, smart and understands the game.

3. Eric Wright, UNLV. We have been lacking a true cover corner for quite some time now and we're due. Ike Tayler is comeing off a bad season, but I wouldn't write him off. So, the real achilles heal in our secondary is Townsend. Deshea has been consistant during his career hear, but last year, he got fried. So, Eric Wright would add depth. He has some issues to deal with off the field, but the Steelers have dealt with that before (Santonio Holmes).

4(a). Antonio Pittman, Ohio State. Most people would like a "Bus" type back, but I don't see one in this draft. Pittman comes from "THE" university. He lacks in size weighing only 207, but don't be fooled he loves running inside. Antonio is more powerful for his size than he should be. He has a clean record and great character. It would be a nice pick and would help Willie a lot in ways I don't think Davenport will.

I will probably change this as draft weekend approaches.
    I will also do 4b-7 later in the week.

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die."

if we ended up with spencer and bowe....i would...well i dont know what i would do.

One VERY important pick needs to come in your 4th round selection to make it worth reading.....DANIEL SEPULVEDA

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    i don't like it one bit, sure we get spencer, but **** a wr, we are set there, washington had a good year, ppl focus on the little bit of negatives to much with him, it was basically his rookie year and he produced.......wilson is good, ppl just look down on him cause of his contract, but he is a good wr........ ward is ward, and holmes is gonna be a beast.....and we have heath miller

wtf?? no bettis type players??? leonard and hunt are beast....i would say bush, but he's never gonna amount to anything with his leg......... and **** an osu player, they all choke in the biggest game of their lives.......they all should just stay in college and get a degree.........plus we don't need three willie parkers...... all small backs, dookie is small cause he plays soft
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    if we ended up with spencer and bowe....i would...well i dont know what i would do.

One VERY important pick needs to come in your 4th round selection to make it worth reading.....DANIEL SEPULVEDA
    I was going to put 4b on there as Dan but I didn't I am putting it on the second part of my mock. I do hope we take Sepulveda

Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    i don't like it one bit, sure we get spencer, but **** a wr, we are set there, washington had a good year, ppl focus on the little bit of negatives to much with him, it was basically his rookie year and he produced.......wilson is good, ppl just look down on him cause of his contract, but he is a good wr........ ward is ward, and holmes is gonna be a beast.....and we have heath miller

wtf?? no bettis type players??? leonard and hunt are beast....i would say bush, but he's never gonna amount to anything with his leg......... and **** an osu player, they all choke in the biggest game of their lives.......they all should just stay in college and get a degree.........plus we don't need three willie parkers...... all small backs, dookie is small cause he plays soft
    I get what your saying but here's the thing, we plan to run more spread next year. That means we need a WR.

i'd be happy with bowe...and i like washington alot....**** wilson though he can go fall off a cliff

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by kgreen View Post
    I get what your saying but here's the thing, we plan to run more spread next year. That means we need a WR.
    i understand that, but not in the first round, we got more needs, and i'd hate to draft a wr that early.......
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I gotta agree with Koopa, there is no way we spend a 1st round pick on a WR. We've drafted WR's the last few years and it's time to see them pay dividends for us.

We should take one yes, early day 2 would be ideal IMO.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i'd be happy with bowe...and i like washington alot....**** wilson though he can go fall off a cliff
    I take it you won't be purchasing that Cedric Wilson jersey for the upcoming football season?lol

I'm with you man Wilson is a bum. I thought he was starting to come into his own after his impressive play-off play but last year he was a total waste.

As for Nate Washington he has the skills thats for sure. All he needs is to learn to hold onto the ball better after contact. If he improves his toughness then he will become a very good NFL WR. As for Bowe...he was one my favorite players in this entire draft. At 15 yes I wouldn't mind Bowe at all.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I think Nate has a lot of potential too. To date he's been a feast or famine type of player so he's got to work on being consistent. He's got the prime shot at being the #3 guy for us this year, it's there for the taking so he's got to work hard and good things will come.

Thread Information