Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cornerback

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by BLITZBURGH NATION View Post
    I know i'm in the minority,but i still believe "Okoye" will be a helluva a player
    He'd be a great situational player for us and eventually be a full time *** kicker
    EVERYONE thinks hes gonna be a good player, why wouldnt they....but we are looking for an immediate impact player not a situational interior lineman

we really have other needs, im sure there are a ton of great players out there that we could get, but we arent that complete that we can just draft players we dont need right away

[QUOTE=K Train;90401]EVERYONE thinks hes gonna be a good player, why wouldnt they....but we are looking for an immediate impact player not a situational interior lineman

Well i believe,,,,,when he's in there he would be an impact player this year !
    For instense pass rushing situation's

I just think he's a rare talent that doesn't come around that often

Plus we all know his age and I'd hate to pass on him,if we got the chance to get him

One of the reasons why i was excited about Tomlin being our hear coach was because of what he did to coverage, like the bucs and vikings had good pass defence. ours is crappy even with our bad LB play last year. We get beat deep and in the redzone, If we dont draft a cb I hope Tomlin makes our secondary at least half as good as the mel blount era. We can't have BLITZBURG if theres no coverage.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by BRICKTOWN BEAST View Post
    One of the reasons why i was excited about Tomlin being our hear coach was because of what he did to coverage, like the bucs and vikings had good pass defence. ours is crappy even with our bad LB play last year. We get beat deep and in the redzone, If we dont draft a cb I hope Tomlin makes our secondary at least half as good as the mel blount era. We can't have BLITZBURG if theres no coverage.
    even when we did blitz there was no pressure, we are garbage up front, they can't do ****, they are all to damn slow and old.....so it made our secondary look like ****, it's funny in 05 no one talked about bad coverage, but then in 06 we couldn't get to the qb and all of sudden we have a bad secondary
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

05 coverage wasnt good either ike taylor getting beat by the colts, prime exapmle. If we had one shutdown corner wouldn't have half the first downs

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    what's with focusing on all the negatives with you, they did more good then bad, we wouldn't have won it all if it they played like you think they did, ike made chad his bitch all season........ike made a crucial int in the superbowl........ our secondary saved us against the colts, not sure if you saw mcfadden bat away balls that could've been touchdowns at the end of the games............
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Mcfadden fought for that ball like ive never seen anyone do before.

Ike got raped once in 05, yes we all remember it, 80 yards, Marvin Harrison...i also remember what a miserable game that was in general, then i remember bashing the colts head in in the playoffs later that year...ike got burned once badly in 05, and it was on a vicious PA pass.....no one couldve held there own in 06 with the pathetic rush we got, thats what the 3-4 is about...distrupting the passer, not man on man coverage.

And keep throwing the word lockdown corner out there, i dont know of any and would bet there isnt gonna be one again

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Ok I agree corner isn't the biggest need and there is more important needs but if corner is the best available when the 15th pick comes around then I wouldn't mind it at all. Trust me I rather draft OLB, OL first but after Gaines Adams and Joe Thomas the rest of the OLB and OL don't thrill me at 15. Ok Levi Brown is a very good player but some question his desire for the game.

I'm a big Spencer fan but not at 15. I like Joe Staley the OT from Central Michigan alot to but I think 15 is early for him also.

As for Okoye yes the kid is going to be a beat but he is better suited for a 4-3. In a 3-4 he would play NT and we have Big Casey.

that game againts the colts was the best cb play since our final 8-8 game. mcfaddens save was great. steelers corners are great at stoping the run but ike and townsend toghether are nothing more than average at the pass. and you cant blame it all on the rush defence cause i rember getting beat so many times upfield and in the redzone, remeber BENGALS rember JAGUARS rember BRONCOS. sure if our rush was better our stats would go up but we still need a good cb in our secondary

i do have a feeling though for some reason that Ike will have a good year.
    Last edited by BRICKTOWN BEAST; 04-03-2007 at 05:21 PM.

Thread Information