Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cornerback

Bookmark and Share
    fine i'll give you 3:1 what ever you bet me i'll match it by 3x

House of Steel
    Damn, 3:1, I would take that in a heartbeat knowingly Blitz got one hell of a long odd of winning.

SA First Blitzburgh Blitzburgh55's Avatar
    No bet
    I no their not gonna take one but i wouldnt mind

Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    ok, don't post no more

our linebackers are the reason our corners weren't so good, i know you allow espn to form your opinion, but you need to stop that.......our linebackers sucked last year, they couldn't get to the qb for ****, which made it worse for our secondary

ike is solid, and could be a pro bowler type player

mcfadden is up and coming

townsend is nice depth

we do not need a corner in the first
    Right on! Lack of a pass rush will kill a secondary faster than anything. David Carr could have thrown for over 250 on us last year. Plus look at the field of corners we have vs. whos in the draft. McFadden- soon to be pro-bowl material, Ike- will show you why we resigned him to a nice sized contract in 06' plus he SHUTS DOWN your boy Chad Johnson every year. Deshea- will most likely lose hit starting spot this season but he will still be a solid guy in the depth chart. And dont forget Colclough, he showed signs of brightness late in the 05' season as did McFadden. If Iwoama can step in and play a lil on passing downs we have a nice compliment of CB's already. But when did Hall become overated, he is still the best CB in the draft IMHO!!! But no we wont take him...

i think houston or revis are the best corners, hall got raped by jarrett and ginn in back to back games...way to step up in the biggest games of your life right before you turn pro.

Also, cocfaces brightness was non existant, he got thrashed by greg lewis twice in the preseason game, and he just ****ed up in general in the limited time he played last year. he is so inconsistant its not even funny, just some dead weight who was another one of cowhers guys.

as much as i like chidi, hes a career special teamer, but good enough at it to keep around imo

Huh, good points... i havent given up on Colclough yet, lets see what Tomlin can do w/ him. Chidi is ST's for life. Hall is still the best CB in this draft, Ginn and Jarrett destroyed EVERYBODY they played against this year. So lets not put that all on him. He is the best at the position and will have an easier transition into the NFL. Reevis, im not sold... and i LIVE IN PITTSBURGH, LOL. Houston is a SICK Athelete but he will have a lil harder time then Reevis and Hall will adjusting to playing corner in the pro's i think. I

Quote Originally Posted by steelcitysfinestXL View Post
    Huh, good points... i havent given up on Colclough yet, lets see what Tomlin can do w/ him. Chidi is ST's for life. Hall is still the best CB in this draft, Ginn and Jarrett destroyed EVERYBODY they played against this year. So lets not put that all on him. He is the best at the position and will have an easier transition into the NFL. Reevis, im not sold... and i LIVE IN PITTSBURGH, LOL. Houston is a SICK Athelete but he will have a lil harder time then Reevis and Hall will adjusting to playing corner in the pro's i think. I
    well i think overall this year is weak at CB, as well as last year...the only corner worth a first round last year was cromartie. I just cant get on the leon hall bandwagon....we dont need a corner anyway so who cares lol.

Mabey tomlin will be great for cocface, mabey even good enough to make me stop refering to him as cocface, but i think hes a scrub...i hope im wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzburgh55 View Post
    Ive been thinkin Why is everyone against a CB in the 1st round
    We have really no great CBs but we got solid LBs coompared to are CBs
    I was just thinking that when I was looking at 3 football draft magazines today. I mean I wouldn't be a bad idea plus the depth this year at OLB/DE is huge. Try think of a time when a long-term starter at LB for us came in the first round (Kendrell Bell doesn't count). It never works that way for us. Kevin Colbert never takes LBs in the first round or second round for that matter. Knowing how we draft, I would not be suprised or angry if they draft a CB.

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die."

but the thing is, we used to be able to get superstars in the later rounds because no one wanted that kind of player, everyone is looking for the tweener LB now and that makes coming across them much harder, we have to take waht we can get....things have changed over the last few years

Don't know if it's smokescreens

But i keep hearing on sirius from numerous announcers,x-players and even on NFL network that we'll be drafting a corner in the 1st

Plus we all know Tomlin's expertease is the secondary
    So i wouldn't be surprised at all if we draft a corner in the 1st

If that happens i guess we'll all get a
    I know i'm in the minority,but i still believe "Okoye" will be a helluva a player
    He'd be a great situational player for us and eventually be a full time *** kicker

Thread Information