Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers keys to success in 2007/08

Bookmark and Share
    SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    Another hilarious thing about debating anything with you is that you feel every word that you utter is "worth" mentioning. Must a person address every syllable that leaves your mind? That is a scary prospect!
    So you couldn't muster up a response to something that completely debunks your theory, then...correct?

Now go ahead, try to make one last attempt at proving me wrong by personally attacking me (while ignoring every fact I've provided that proves you wrong).

Sorry, the whole "sweep my misconceptions under the rug by just ignoring it" isn't going to be successful. Or you can just tell us that Clark was starting from 2001-2003, it's up to you.

Gold Standard
    Quote Originally Posted by BBC View Post
    How many times has Champ Baily (you know...one of the top three defensive players in the league) been on "Jacked Up?"
    I can't remember if Champ ever made it on "Jacked Up" but if he did that wouldv'e been 1 more time than Clark has!

If you weren't so busy being a closet Bronco fan (because you have obviously watched all their games to make a statement that Champ can't deliver a "big hit") then maybe you would see what the rest of us do. Haggans is an average player at best!
    Last edited by BlackGold4vr; 03-28-2007 at 06:03 PM.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

I can't remember if Champ ever made it on "Jacked Up" but if he did that wouldv'e been 1 more time than Clark has!

If you weren't so busy being a closet Bronco fan (because you have obviously watched all their games to make a statement that Champ can't deliver a "big hit") then maybe you would see what the rest of us do. Haggans is an average player at best!
    Right, because I'd have to be a closet Broncos fan to know that Champ is not the kind of player that lays big hits, right?

Haggans is just an average player, yet he's put up as good of stats as the "great" Joey Porter since 2004 (when he was actually the starter). Do you understand how ridiculous you sound. I don't think Clark is some sort of superstar, but don't sit here and tell me how much we're going to miss Joey then turn around and say we don't need Haggans. Perhaps you should be watching more Steelers games if you can't see what Clark brings to the table. Consistency is much more important for a defensive player than making it on Jacked Up once every blue moon...

Gold Standard
    Right, because I'd have to be a closet Broncos fan to know that Champ is not the kind of player that lays big hits, right?

Haggans is just an average player, yet he's put up as good of stats as the "great" Joey Porter since 2004 (when he was actually the starter). Do you understand how ridiculous you sound. I don't think Clark is some sort of superstar, but don't sit here and tell me how much we're going to miss Joey then turn around and say we don't need Haggans. Perhaps you should be watching more Steelers games if you can't see what Clark brings to the table. Consistency is much more important for a defensive player than making it on Jacked Up once every blue moon...
    I never mentioned Porter, but you did. But since you did bring him up, you admitted yourself that for the last 3 years Haggans was almost as good as Porter. We just canned Porter, so that could be a good indicator for where Clark is headed. I will send you some flowers when he's cut or traded!
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

I never mentioned Porter, but you did. But since you did bring him up, you admitted yourself that for the last 3 years Haggans was almost as good as Porter. We just canned Porter, so that could be a good indicator for where Clark is headed. I will send you some flowers when he's cut or traded!
    The topic here isn't Porter, but I never said that Clark was almost as good as Porter, I said that he put up almost as many sacks. He put up more tackles and forced fumbles than Joey did, and showed a lot more consistency. Not to mention the fact that Haggans is being payed a considerable less amount than Joey wanted, but if he were to be cut, I wouldn't mind as long was we had a comparable replacement (just as we did when Joey was cut).

But that's neither here nor there. The topic of this discussion, which you've dodged the past three times you posted in this thread, is that defensive players have to appear on Jacked Up in order to be considered valuable.

Any other insight for us? Do offensive players have to score 80 yard touchdowns at least once a game in order to be considered successful?

House of Steel

Ok here is my two pence worth of what the steelers need to do

It's not rocket science but when we lead the league in time of possesion we had a 15-1 regualr season, based on the grind it out running game. As much as i like parker, he aint a grind it out back. Get the ball wear the dee down, get up early, and let the dee do it's thing.

If your behind, get Willie in the game, if you up Davenport in the game.

Even better play a pro set with BOTH Davenport and Parker in the backfield.

Basically eat the clock up makes the opposing teams rush which lets our dee lick their chops pin their ears back and blitz!

House of Steel
    I like this theory.

Gold Standard
    The topic here isn't Porter, but I never said that Clark was almost as good as Porter, I said that he put up almost as many sacks. He put up more tackles and forced fumbles than Joey did, and showed a lot more consistency. Not to mention the fact that Haggans is being payed a considerable less amount than Joey wanted, but if he were to be cut, I wouldn't mind as long was we had a comparable replacement (just as we did when Joey was cut).

But that's neither here nor there. The topic of this discussion, which you've dodged the past three times you posted in this thread, is that defensive players have to appear on Jacked Up in order to be considered valuable.

Any other insight for us? Do offensive players have to score 80 yard touchdowns at least once a game in order to be considered successful?
    Please show me where I said a player must appear on "Jacked Up" in order to be considered valuable. I don't want your twisted little interpretation of what I said, you show me the quote where I said that. You always accuse people of putting words in your mouth, sounds like a bit of hypocrasy there.

If Haggans had been delivering the kind of "jacked-up" hits that fans like to see we would all be more excited about his presence on the field!
    This is what I said, which isn't even remotely the same as what you say I said. You just like to read into things and make them say what you want them too. Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit is it?

Thread Information