Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joe Theismann grades back-up QB's

Bookmark and Share
    Gold Standard

Joe Theismann grades back-up QB's

He doesn't think we are one of the five top football organizations, but apparently he likes Charlie Batch.

March 26, 2007
    By Joe Theismann
    ESPN.com

Who are the best backup quarterbacks in the NFL?

Joe Theismann's Top Five

1. Charlie Batch, Pittsburgh Steelers: Batch never makes waves when he's sitting on the sideline, but when he's on the field you can see how well he knows the Steelers' offense. There is only a very small drop-off from Ben Roethlisberger to Batch when it comes to on-field production.

2. David Garrard, Jacksonville Jaguars: This kid is going to be a starter somewhere eventually because he's just too good to be a backup for long. He showed last season that he can handle a team for a long stretch of time and he got better every week. I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't on this list next season because he's starting.

3. Kurt Warner, Arizona Cardinals: Who wouldn't want their backup quarterback to be a former MVP who has a Super Bowl ring from when he was a starter? Warner's greatest gift, though, is his ability to mentor and lead a younger quarterback through the fire. You can see him on the sidelines talking to the starting quarterback, encouraging him and keeping his head in the game.

4. Brian Griese, Chicago Bears: There are some who believe Griese should've started in the playoffs over the wildly inconsistent Rex Grossman. Griese has proved his mettle over the years and could have a shot at beating Grossman out for the starting job this season.

5. Brad Johnson, Dallas Cowboys: He should bring a solid, veteran feel to the Cowboys. I see him being a great mentor to Tony Romo, but if push comes to shove Johnson can get out on the field and make it happen.

Since he got fired from ESPN's MNF I guess we will be seeing lot's more of Joe's insightful football knowledge.....I can hardly wait.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

wow...he likes our backup!!! I still think he's an ***!!!!

sig made by K Train....Thank you!

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Lets get this out of the way first....Theisman is a ****ing idiot!!

I agree with Batch being a very capable backup for us, he comes in and knows the offense and is capable of putting a W up for us.

Kurt Warner, Arizona Cardinals: Who wouldn't want their backup quarterback to be a former MVP who has a Super Bowl ring from when he was a starter?
    How long ago was this? I'd rather have Batch over Warner any day.

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Gold Standard
    Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post
    Lets get this out of the way first....Theisman is a ****ing idiot!!

I agree with Batch being a very capable backup for us, he comes in and knows the offense and is capable of putting a W up for us.

I was just pointing out that every now and then even a ****ing idiot can actually stumble over a bit of truth. Kinda like the expression, "even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then".
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post

I was just pointing out that every now and then even a ****ing idiot can actually stumble over a bit of truth. Kinda like the expression, "even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then".
    we definitely have our ****ing idiot in Theisman

and.....

the sun shines on a dogs *** from time to time

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Quote Originally Posted by BBG7 View Post
    wow...he likes our backup!!! I still think he's an ***!!!!
    Couldn't have said it better myself!

House of Steel
    I swear that *** is speaking from way deep where the sun hardly shines.

garrards a joke, he was hyped up to be good two years ago but he flat out did nothing when his number was called last year.

Wheres Kyle Boller on this list?

House of Steel
    Where is Tim Couch and Ryan Leaf while we are at it?

SA First Blitzburgh Blitzburgh55's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by House of Steel View Post
    Where is Tim Couch and Ryan Leaf while we are at it?
    I think their on the Top AFL 3rd Stringers

Thread Information