Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jamarcus Russel

Bookmark and Share

Jamarcus Russel

anyone have any thoughts on him? i dont think he'll be taken 1st, i would actually think mid first at best, and i also think troy smith is better than him. it just seems that all mocks have him going 1st and i just dont see it , its based on his sugarbowl game, against a WAY OVERRATED notre dame team with a sorry defense. I think Quinn and Smith are the top 2 this year, although this guy seems like a "raider" im just not convinced hes 1st pick material, and im not so sure the raiders do either.

Calvin Johnson is the only player who deserves to be taken 1st this year imo, but who knows, bush was the one who deserved it last year

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    ok, you are no longer allowed to every post again, i'm taking your rights away

troy smith ****ing sucks......... he is probably the most overrated player ever he's a ****ing choke artist, a ****ing starting qb has 4 total yards on offense in the biggest game of his life.......he is garbage, he's a lifetime clip board holder

on the other hand, russell stepped up in the biggest game of his life........

overall this is a weak qb year, quinn will get attention cause of where he played and who he played for................. russell will be top 5 just based on the fact that this years qb group sucks.........

also, OSU plays in a weak conference which made smith look good this year
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Gold Standard

Still up in the air

There are still a couple free agent quarterbacks out there who could potentially alter the entire draft board. David Carr, Trent Green. If one of these top teams like the Raiders sign David Carr, that changes the entire board. The Raiders could then sign Calvin Johnson and that has a domino effect all the way down the draft board. Jemarcus Russell does have game. He can really throw the ball. Will he make it in the NFL? Remains to be seen but he can zip that ball.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

lol troy smith doesnt suck, OSU got raped in general, there was nothing he could do, and having there best WR killed by there own teamates 10 second in was a huge blow to team moral. He did good at the senior bowl which isnt easy for a QB to do. Smith has a good arm and was solid throughout his college career despite one of the biggest chokes in the history of sports (it was a team effort). You just hate OSU lol. *Smith will be a decent QB, hes like a Mcnabb/Brees mix.

*note: He will be a decent QB pending he doesnt go to the browns early in the second round, which is where i have him going at this point lol.

your feelings wouldnt happen to have anything to do with that early season massacre of the #2 ranked horns would it lol

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    lol troy smith doesnt suck, OSU got raped in general, there was nothing he could do, and having there best WR killed by there own teamates 10 second in was a huge blow to team moral. He did good at the senior bowl which isnt easy for a QB to do. Smith has a good arm and was solid throughout his college career despite one of the biggest chokes in the history of sports (it was a team effort). You just hate OSU lol. *Smith will be a decent QB, hes like a Mcnabb/Brees mix.

*note: He will be a decent QB pending he doesnt go to the browns early in the second round, which is where i have him going at this point lol.

your feelings wouldnt happen to have anything to do with that early season massacre of the #2 ranked horns would it lol
    oh no, he sucks, he played in a weak *** conference that made him look good, he is never gonna amount to anything in the nfl............. what we saw against florida is the real troy cause that's the first real team they actually played............

all the qb's this year suck and ain't the answer for any team but

russell >>>>>>> troy smith

quinn>>>>>>>>> troy smith

troy couldn't even get double digit yards...........

Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post

troy couldn't even get double digit yards...........
    lmao....

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Russell came to the combine 10 lbs. overweight. He showed up at pro day 10 lbs. lighter and he was on the money. Hes got the size and the arm to make it in the NFL. IMO, Russell's chances are better then Troy Smith's.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

ok well i see where your going, mabey i just like smith, i think he could succeed, but im not guaranteeing it. But do you think jamarcus should go first, hes not really the Vince young or Matt leinart of this year, like koop said this QB class kinda blows.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    ok well i see where your going, mabey i just like smith, i think he could succeed, but im not guaranteeing it. But do you think jamarcus should go first, hes not really the Vince young or Matt leinart of this year, like koop said this QB class kinda blows.
    i think calvin johnson should go first, he's a freak of nature......he's gonna make any team he goes to better........... he's t.o. and moss in one.......and he doesn't have the attitude they have, and he has a great work ethic........ so he's gonna be a scary player, i hope he goes to the nfc so we don't see him much lol...........

russell has more potential then any qb in the draft, quinn is who he is, beats up on the weak doesn't show up in big games........... russell should go to the lions and sit a year or two behind kitna............

SA First Blitzburgh Blitzburgh55's Avatar
    I think Russel will be a All-Pro QB if he can get to a good team and Quinn will be the next Ryan Leaf and Troy Smith will never start a game

Thread Information