Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jamarcus Russel

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    i think calvin johnson should go first, he's a freak of nature......he's gonna make any team he goes to better........... he's t.o. and moss in one.......and he doesn't have the attitude they have, and he has a great work ethic........ so he's gonna be a scary player, i hope he goes to the nfc so we don't see him much lol...........

russell has more potential then any qb in the draft, quinn is who he is, beats up on the weak doesn't show up in big games........... russell should go to the lions and sit a year or two behind kitna............
    I'm with you Koopa Calvin Johnson should go first. This dude is the can't miss prospect of this draft. But the Raiders need a QB not unless they want to go into next year with Andrew ****ing Walter. But like 4ver said they could sign David Carr. But if not I would imagine then Russell would be the pick. The Raiders need a QB bigtime. Ok the Raiders need just more then a QB. But I can't see them going into next season with Andrew Walter as their best QB again.lol

As for Troy Smith I don't think he has much upside in the NFL. You never know but in my opinion I don't see him as an NFL starting QB. Maybe he can develop into a backup QB at the NFL level?

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    If it was any other team then Oakland with the first pick I would say Calvin Johnson goes #1, like Koop said hes a freak of nature. BlackGold4vr brought up a good point too, if the Raiders sign a FA QB like Carr, then johnson could go #1 to the Raiders. As long as Oakland doesn't have a legit starting QB, it looks to me like Russell will be the #1 pick this year.

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

calvin johnson ran a 4.3 in sneakers lol, he made himslef a combine legend, someone that tall, and that heavy should not be that fast, hes probably one of the safest picks in the draft....really cant miss with him

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    calvin johnson ran a 4.3 in sneakers lol, he made himslef a combine legend, someone that tall, and that heavy should not be that fast, hes probably one of the safest picks in the draft....really cant miss with him
    yeah in borrowed sneakers he probably coulda ran a 4.2 barefooted. The man is going to take the WR position to another level.

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

not to mention street clothes lol

Rookie Free Agent
    Jamarcus Russel reminds me alot of Daunte Cullpepper , now do I think he could be good in the NFL , yeah ...will he? probably not . I also think he'll go Top 10 .

Ok lets be serious here...
    Russel- #1 pick
    why? Raiders need a franchise QB and he IS it.

Troy Smith- Very unfortunate the way he is disrespected. he is the #2 QB in this draft, but he wont be drafted as such. Hopefully a decent team that wants him to come and compete for the starting job takes him. Its amazining how a guy wins the Heismann HANDS DOWN and gets disrespected by EVERYONE.

Brady Quinn- THE MOST OVERRATED PLAYER IN THIS DRAFT. never won a bowl game, never won any big game for that matter. He wont be Ryan Leaf
    but i can see him having a David Carr like start to his Career. He will go To either the brownies or lions and get beat down behind a ****-poor o-line

Drew Stanton- MSU's qb should be the 3rd picked qb, for good reason... he can flat out play... and should be picked b4 quinn

I would love to see the raiders take Calvin Johnson #1 and take Smith in the 2nd or 3rd round. In camp Smith would prove why he won the Heisman over the "favorite" Brady quinn, and win the starting job over Walters. And imagine Troy Smith (yeah that guy who won all those games and Kept OSU in the a BCS bowl for 3 straight years, and not to mention beat Michigan 3 STRAIGHT YEARS) throwing to Randy Moss, Calvin Johnson, and Jerry Porter. I would love to see it!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    ok, you are no longer allowed to every post again, i'm taking your rights away

troy smith ****ing sucks......... he is probably the most overrated player ever he's a ****ing choke artist, a ****ing starting qb has 4 total yards on offense in the biggest game of his life.......he is garbage, he's a lifetime clip board holder

on the other hand, russell stepped up in the biggest game of his life........

overall this is a weak qb year, quinn will get attention cause of where he played and who he played for................. russell will be top 5 just based on the fact that this years qb group sucks.........

also, OSU plays in a weak conference which made smith look good this year
    The Big 10 is actually a strong conference. I mean you have 5 Top notch/elite teams (Iowa, Michigan, OSU, PSU, and Wisconsin). Also, you have 5 other pretty good teams that on a given Saturday could shock you(MSU, Northwestern, Minnesota and Purdue). I seem to recall that Minnesota gave PSU fits and Illinois gave OSU some trouble as well. It is not as weak as the Pac-10 or the C-USA but it not quite the SEC. Troy Smith does not suck and this coming form a PSU fan. He was a great college QB, sometimes that does not translate into NFL success (Danny Wuerffel, Ryan Leaf, Ken Dorsey, Akili Smith, and numerous other Heisman trophy winners). Troy Smith might not be a starting QB, but most of his College career will be remembered as great (excluding that embarrasing game vs. Florida). I agree though, this QB class does suck. After Quinn and Russell, there is a huge drop-off to the 3rd QB.

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die."

Yeah, the Big Ten is a close second to the SEC. Say what you want but the Big 12 is 3rd behind the Big Ten. Like Kgreen said 5 power teams, and they will play 3 of 5 of these teams every year. If Michigan wouldnt have played Ohio State this year they would have been in The BCS chamionship.

Thread Information