Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Honestly, how do you guys think Tomlin will do?

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

Starter

Honestly, how do you guys think Tomlin will do?

O.K. I just wanted to ask about how you guys/gals think Mike Tomlin will do as the steelers next head coach. I dont know to much about the guy, and I know the Rooneys definitley know how to pick their coaches, but it would be nice to hear some of your honest opinions on how he will fit.

My Mood
    Addicted
    To be honest I have no idea. There's a lot to it this first year and we as fans will learn a lot about him.

I can't even say what I think because I really don't know...lol I like what he has said so far in the media and stuff. But I really need to see how he acts on the field to get a better opinion. And to see how the players react to him. If the vets take to him we should have a good year. If not I see us rebuilding to what he wants in a team.

Starter
    Speaking of the media, I would like to know how to get some of that information. Is there a certain channel that has exclusive steelers press coverage or what? because I always seem to only catch a small part of it.

Tailgate Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelersfan View Post
    To be honest I have no idea. There's a lot to it this first year and we as fans will learn a lot about him.

I can't even say what I think because I really don't know...lol I like what he has said so far in the media and stuff. But I really need to see how he acts on the field to get a better opinion. And to see how the players react to him. If the vets take to him we should have a good year. If not I see us rebuilding to what he wants in a team.

My sentiments exactly. We just don't know yet. He seems like a very smart guy.

I'm A "Champion"

My Mood
    Addicted
    Try our homepage.....

http://www.steeleraddicts.com/

You should find a lot of the latest news there.

Draft Pick
    The team is in place. I like what he said to the media also the whole 3 phases of football speech. He has the QB of the future and the Defense. I just hope he dosent try and change us to a 4-3.

Starter
    I totally agree, It seems to me that the reason we have always had a great defense is the fact that with the 3-4 you can bring the outside blitz alot more forcefully. I guess it just seems to me that the 3-4 is a steelers trademark in its own way.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime83 View Post
    The team is in place. I like what he said to the media also the whole 3 phases of football speech. He has the QB of the future and the Defense. I just hope he dosent try and change us to a 4-3.
    I agree with everything but the portion in bold. The Steelers have been running a 4-3 along with the base 3-4 for a while now. Running a 4-3 defense wouldn't be anything different for this Steelers team. Of course, we'd have to get the right players in the defense before we could make a complete transition, so for now, it would be best to stay with the base 3-4, but I wouldn't be opposed to an eventual switch to a Tampa 2.

And welcome to the site. Seeing your post threw me off at first, I've used that MillerTime name on a few other sites. I'm a huge fan of Heath's

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime83 View Post
    ??????? The team is in place? I`m not so sure! We are very weak at linebacker, at least we have no depth at that position. And we do not have a replacement for our best pass rusher. Hagans is not the answer on the other side either. He is descent, but he will suffer without Porter on the other side.
    Ike Taylor? His play was very shaky last year, and without a big pass rush, our corners will need to step it up even more, are they capable?
    Our O-line did not play up to our expectations last season, now Faneca may hold out, and hartings is gone.
    How will Tomlin do? Only time will tell, I could see us struggling this season, especially early on. I hope that I am wrong, I hope.

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

My Mood
    Addicted
    I don't mind a change to the 4-3 if they start building to run it now while we still play some type of hybrid. I've been a fan of the 3-4 for so long though I agree with you on not changing it. But if they do I hope they do it right while still giving us a chance to win.

And welcome to the site MillerTime83!

Thread Information