Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Honestly, how do you guys think Tomlin will do?

Bookmark and Share
    i like everything hes done so far and he says all the right things, pittsburgh is gonna expect some results this year....i do

Quote Originally Posted by Ambridge View Post
    One of my thoughts is that Tomlin is bringing NFC Football......more recent and specifically NFC North Football(A pretty putrid divsion aside from the Bears)mentality to the Steelers.

I hope his brand of "Tough" football translates well and meets the challenges of the AFC Conference and the AFC North.
    tomlin has to be prepared for teams like the colts, chargers and patriots to advance far into the playoffs.

the thing that worries me is the patriots handed the vikings and their #1 rush defense their ***, last year on monday night by dinking and dunking them to death.

getting dinked and dunked to death with the occasional deep ball has been the steelers achilles heel for atleast 6-7 years.

other than that, i dont think he does any worse than 8-8.

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    This is a loaded Question.
    Hard to judge a person before seeing what they can do. At this point my cup is half empty but hopefully after next season(or through), my thoughts of him will change
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

Tailgate Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelersfan View Post
    To be honest I have no idea. There's a lot to it this first year and we as fans will learn a lot about him.

I can't even say what I think because I really don't know...lol I like what he has said so far in the media and stuff. But I really need to see how he acts on the field to get a better opinion. And to see how the players react to him. If the vets take to him we should have a good year. If not I see us rebuilding to what he wants in a team.

My sentiments exactly. We just don't know yet. He seems like a very smart guy.

I'm A "Champion"

My Mood
    Angry
    Quote Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
    tomlin has to be prepared for teams like the colts, chargers and patriots to advance far into the playoffs.

the thing that worries me is the patriots handed the vikings and their #1 rush defense their ***, last year on monday night by dinking and dunking them to death.

getting dinked and dunked to death with the occasional deep ball has been the steelers achilles heel for atleast 6-7 years.

other than that, i dont think he does any worse than 8-8.
    I remember that game!!
    Muroney and Dillon had been running pretty good in the games leading up to the Vikings and everyone including the Vikes had figured that Belichick was gonna pound the ball on them.
    The Vikings didn't know what hit them when the Pats came out and start killing them with the short passing game and they never could make the adjustments the entire game to stop it.

Thread Information