Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Honestly, how do you guys think Tomlin will do?

Bookmark and Share
    Gold Standard
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerSteve View Post
    O.K. I just wanted to ask about how you guys/gals think Mike Tomlin will do as the steelers next head coach. I dont know to much about the guy, and I know the Rooneys definitley know how to pick their coaches, but it would be nice to hear some of your honest opinions on how he will fit.
    I think the Steelers got the right guy! Have heard nothing but positives about the guy. He is energetic and excited about coaching our Steelers. Everybody who has played for the guy loves him and wants to play hard for him......isn't that what you want out of a coach? Couldn't do much worse than what we had as far as a strategist goes, Cowher wasn't too good at that side of coaching. Cowher was a motivater. Tomlin seems to be a great motivater and his strategist skills couldn't be worse than Cowhers. I believe that he will be good and he will be at the helm in Pittsburgh for a long time.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

Rookie Free Agent
    I think we're going be just fine right where we're supposed to be. Division Champs and making a run at the S.B

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The Rooney's aren't expecting us to be in rebuilding period so the pressure is squarely on Tomlin's shoulders to field a winning team this year. We've got the talent on this team so it's not like it was when Cowher came on and the team needed to be changed up and somewhat rebuilt; the key components are in place and the the owners, the city, and the fans expect a winning organization.

Now that doesn't mean he'll be canned if we don't make the playoffs this year, but we also shouldn't be expecting a sub par year either.

My Mood
    Angry
    One of my thoughts is that Tomlin is bringing NFC Football......more recent and specifically NFC North Football(A pretty putrid divsion aside from the Bears)mentality to the Steelers.

I hope his brand of "Tough" football translates well and meets the challenges of the AFC Conference and the AFC North.

My Mood
    Chatty
    I really don't know much about the guy, but I want to give him a chance and see how he will do, what I do like about him is that he won't take any bullshit from any of his players it seems and he seems to have tough work ethics which is Steeler tradition. Some of the changes I'm not happy about but who likes change. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt. I was sad to see Cowher go but I'm hoping a new fresh change will be good for us. Seems most of the players like and respect him already so that's a good sign. I want to be positive so this season will tell alot. What concerns me is his lack of coaching experience but i'm sure he will step up. I"m excited about this year and hope we have a great season, even if we don't make it to SB this year, I'd like to see at least a successful season we can all be proud of.

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    I think the Steelers got the right guy! Have heard nothing but positives about the guy. He is energetic and excited about coaching our Steelers. Everybody who has played for the guy loves him and wants to play hard for him......isn't that what you want out of a coach? Couldn't do much worse than what we had as far as a strategist goes, Cowher wasn't too good at that side of coaching. Cowher was a motivater. Tomlin seems to be a great motivater and his strategist skills couldn't be worse than Cowhers. I believe that he will be good and he will be at the helm in Pittsburgh for a long time.
    Great post and I love your Sig!!!!

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

House of Steel
    I think Tomlin will have his ups and downs this season, but I figure if we run a hybird defense this season, we may surprise a lot of folks. Tomlin is a defensive genius along with LeBeau. My main concern is how Bruce Arians does doing the offensive playcalling. That is the key. Ben's health is another issue I am watching for, how is he doing mentally to gel with his receivers.

I can sense a 10-6 or 11-5 season for us. I can't take another 8-8 season like last year's. No way.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime83 View Post
    The team is in place. I like what he said to the media also the whole 3 phases of football speech. He has the QB of the future and the Defense. I just hope he dosent try and change us to a 4-3.
    I agree with everything but the portion in bold. The Steelers have been running a 4-3 along with the base 3-4 for a while now. Running a 4-3 defense wouldn't be anything different for this Steelers team. Of course, we'd have to get the right players in the defense before we could make a complete transition, so for now, it would be best to stay with the base 3-4, but I wouldn't be opposed to an eventual switch to a Tampa 2.

And welcome to the site. Seeing your post threw me off at first, I've used that MillerTime name on a few other sites. I'm a huge fan of Heath's

My Mood
    Addicted
    I like him, he seems very strong as a leader, but laid back as a person. I see us going 11-5 or 12-4 and making the playoffs. Tomlin has a good group to work with and I think he will get these guys fired up again.

It is too early to say. However he has impressed me so far.

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die."

Thread Information