Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers receive two compensatory picks.

Bookmark and Share
    Tailgate Coordinator

Steelers receive two compensatory picks.

Steelers | Team awarded two compensatory picks
    Mon, 26 Mar 2007 18:05:55 -0700
    The Pittsburgh Steelers have been awarded two compensatory picks in the 2007 NFL Draft. The team was given the 33rd pick in the fourth round (132nd overall) and the 33rd pick in the fifth round (170th overall).

"The Steelers received two compensatory picks for the 2007 Draft, including a fourth and a fifth round pick. The picks were a result of the team's free agency moves last year, where they signed Ryan Clark, but lost Antwaan Randle El, Chris Hope and Kimo von Oelhoffen.

A total of 32 compensatory choices in the 2007 NFL Draft have been awarded to 16 teams, the NFL announced today.

Under terms of the NFL Collective Bargaining Agreement, a team losing more or better compensatory free agents than it acquires in a year is eligible to receive compensatory draft picks.

The number of picks a team receives equals the net loss of compensatory free agents up to a maximum of four. The 32 compensatory choices announced today will supplement the 223 choices in the seven rounds of the 2007 NFL Draft (April 28-29). This year, the compensatory picks will be positioned within the third through seventh rounds based on the value of the compensatory free agents lost.

Compensatory free agents are determined by a formula based on salary, playing time and postseason honors. The formula was developed by the NFL Management Council. Not every free agent lost or signed by a club is covered by this formula.

One club this year (Cincinnati) will receive a compensatory pick even though it did not suffer a net loss of compensatory free agents. Under the formula, the compensatory free agents Cincinnati lost were ranked higher than the ones it signed (by a specified point differential based upon salary and performance).

I'm A "Champion"

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    bah, those are garbage picks........... why did ARE have to be a bum, he should've had a great year so we could've got a better pick
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    bah, those are garbage picks........... why did ARE have to be a bum, he should've had a great year so we could've got a better pick
    Hey they're not garbage picks if you draft smart. Now the last few years the Steelers have tanked their 4th and 5th rounders. I hope that changes under Tomlin/Colbert.

Gold Standard
    That is just what we expected to get, a 4th and a 5th rounder. 9 picks.
    I don't think that we have roster spots for 9 players. That gives us some wiggle room IMO to maneuver to get the guys we want. There are teams out there like Texas and Detroit who are looking for quantity and quality. While we are just looking for quality. Offering up a couple 2 for 1's at just the right times could land us some of the guys we really want.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Hey they're not garbage picks if you draft smart. Now the last few years the Steelers have tanked their 4th and 5th rounders. I hope that changes under Tomlin/Colbert.
    They better not tank anything earlier than a 6th round pick, Ive had about enough of that the last few years. We can't afford to waste draft picks on guys right now. Everybody we draft in rounds 1-5 has got to be a contributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    Steelers receive two compensatory picks............ why did ARE have to be a bum, he should've had a great year so we could've got a better pick
    Tell that to Tom Brady...who was drafted even later.

wish we could trade them

Rookie Free Agent
    Maybe we can find a diamond in the rough with those or use those pics to make a certain to move and draft a certain . Getting more pics are never a bad thing unless they draft someone I agree with then just cut him like Omar Jacobs.

jacobs was drafted so we would have another guy to take snaps in camp, he was drafted to get cut

Rookie Free Agent
    Still doesnt mean I have to agree with it , still got a autographed card somewhere when I went on a sports card craze last summer. I hate Charlie Batch and hoped they'd keep him

Thread Information