Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reject or Gem?

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Hell this is tough to answer. If Michael Bush goes on to have the career Curtis Martin did yea thens its easy take Bush with the 77th pick in the draft. But if he never recovers 100 percent from this injury then you wasted a third round pick.

The one good thing though the Steelers have Willie Parker and Fast Willie proved last year that he is an elite RB. So Bush if drafted by the Steelers wouldn't have to save or carry the Steelers running game. So he could take his time coming back from that injury.

As for Dookie. I don't know some people think this dude is all that and a bag of chips? He is a solid for depth. But would you really want him to carry the load if Willie went down with serious injury? I wouldn't and the guy doesn't run like a typical 250 pound big back.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Hell this is tough to answer. If Michael Bush goes on to have the career Curtis Martin did yea thens its easy take Bush with the 77th pick in the draft. But if he never recovers 100 percent from this injury then you wasted a third round pick.

The one good thing though the Steelers have Willie Parker and Fast Willie proved last year that he is an elite RB. So Bush if drafted by the Steelers wouldn't have to save or carry the Steelers running game. So he could take his time coming back from that injury.

As for Dookie. I don't know some people think this dude is all that and a bag of chips? He is a solid for depth. But would you really want him to carry the load if Willie went down with serious injury? I wouldn't and the guy doesn't run like a typical 250 pound big back.
    and for some odd *** reason they think the same of that bum *** kuhn.......

we need a running back at some point in the draft

willie is a very good running back, but when we play good defenses he sucks complete *** cause he ain't got no legit power

and since dookie is soft and would rather run around ppl he ain't the answer other then being a good 3rd down back

i rather us draft tony hunt, he played his college ball in PA so he can run in that nasty weather pa gets in the winter......

bush will be gone by then so i won't even think about him......... plus that was a nasty leg injury that didn't even heal right the first time.........
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Najeh doesnt have more power than willie, he is a fat version of willie, he runs a vicious screen and is nice on ST but hes not a tough runner. Actually i think Willie is a tougher runner, najeh will try and make someone miss, willie falls forward when he goes down. I think Najeh is a temp thing, i would be so happy with Bush, he is a touchdown machine...honestly i wouldnt be disappointed if we used a second rounder on him just because i think he will be a great player in the future. If hes there at 77 i would be pissed if we didnt pick him up...even if he did sit out the whole season. But i wouldnt be disappointed if we picked up Hunt instead, i think hes gonna be good too. i think RB is a definite need, that needs to be addressed in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Gold Standard
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Najeh doesnt have more power than willie, he is a fat version of willie, he runs a vicious screen and is nice on ST but hes not a tough runner. Actually i think Willie is a tougher runner, najeh will try and make someone miss, willie falls forward when he goes down. I think Najeh is a temp thing, i would be so happy with Bush, he is a touchdown machine...honestly i wouldnt be disappointed if we used a second rounder on him just because i think he will be a great player in the future. If hes there at 77 i would be pissed if we didnt pick him up...even if he did sit out the whole season. But i wouldnt be disappointed if we picked up Hunt instead, i think hes gonna be good too. i think RB is a definite need, that needs to be addressed in the 2nd or 3rd round.

It's a day 1 need IMO. DE/OLB -- OL -- RB In that order.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

i think mahan has moved the oline need to day two, we have plently of versatile players now and need to make something happen with 5 of them....unless some stud drops to us in the second i dont see it happening

Gold Standard

I disagree

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think mahan has moved the oline need to day two, we have plently of versatile players now and need to make something happen with 5 of them....unless some stud drops to us in the second i dont see it happening
    I think there are about 8 top lineman that are worthy of a pick at 46 overall. I realize that at least 4 or 5 of them will be gone by then, but I can't believe that all of them will be. Think we can snag a great one at the 46th pick. IMO
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    if blalock is there in the second round you have to pick the top guard up IMO

Gold Standard
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    if blalock is there in the second round you have to pick the top guard up IMO
    That wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that he is from Texas would it?

blalock will be gone

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    That wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that he is from Texas would it?
    that, and that fact that everywhere i read he's ranked the top guard........i've seen him play for 4 years, he can come in a start right now in place of simmons and that would be a big upgrade........

Thread Information