Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reject or Gem?

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

Gold Standard

Reject or Gem?

* According to Jim Wexell of SteelCityInsider.com he believes that the Steelers should be willing to make Michael Bush the 77th pick (3rd round) because of the compensatory picks. Wexell believes that Bush has shown the skills to be an elite runner in the NFL and whoever takes the risk in drafting him could reap huge rewards. Remember that this kid was a Heismann favorite before injuring himself in the first game of the season. He would have been a lock to be picked in the first round had he been healthy and played this year. I believe he would have been the 3rd back picked behind Marshawn Lynch. He goes on to compare Bush's collegiate career to that of Curtis Martin who also battled injuries throughout his college career but still went on to have a HOF career in the NFL. Bush is a big back and scored 23 touchdowns just a year ago in his junior year. He also has plenty of game film from last year showing that he can run with power, against Pitt last year he pulled 2 Pitt defenders across the goal line with him for a touchdown. Had this guy been healthy the Steelers would not have had a shot at him unless they grabbed him in the first round. So the question hangs out there....is the risk worth the reward? In Jim Wexell's opinion, it is.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

Nobody can get the first round right what makes anyone think he'd still be around at 77 ?? Hell look at Maghee he still went high after injury...

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

Gold Standard

If he is still there of course

Quote Originally Posted by BlacknGold Bleeder View Post
    Nobody can get the first round right what makes anyone think he'd still be around at 77 ?? Hell look at Maghee he still went high after injury...

Yes, somebody may grab him before then. There are no guarantees. But, if he was available at the 77th pick would he be worth taking the risk on? That is the question. If he could not play until halfway through the season that would leave us a little thin at RB. Maybe you pick him and another and place him on IR for next season. Then he comes back in 08 season healed and fresh.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

Tha BEER Guy, Beer HEERRE
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    Yes, somebody may grab him before then. There are no guarantees. But, if he was available at the 77th pick would he be worth taking the risk on? That is the question. If he could not play until halfway through the season that would leave us a little thin at RB. Maybe you pick him and another and place him on IR for next season. Then he comes back in 08 season healed and fresh.
    So are you not a Willie parker believer like most on this site? I think with Parker and Davenport you got a great mix. If tomlin decides that its a good idea to give Najeh the ball unlike cowher I think that combo could be really nice. I think the Steelers need more in the draft then to waste a pick on a RB that has had a really bad injury.

Gold Standard
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelx View Post
    So are you not a Willie parker believer like most on this site? I think with Parker and Davenport you got a great mix. If tomlin decides that its a good idea to give Najeh the ball unlike cowher I think that combo could be really nice. I think the Steelers need more in the draft then to waste a pick on a RB that has had a really bad injury.

Love Willie Parker and what he brings to the table. Also think that Davenport can sufficiently fill in the gaps in Willie's game (power). After those two we have nothing. IMO if something happened to Willie (injury) our running game would be next to non-existant. Yes, we do need a RB in this years draft! How high do we pick one remains the question?

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Gem most definitely if he'd be around that long.

Tha BEER Guy, Beer HEERRE
    Bush will go in the second regardless of his leg injury and to be honest that injury from what I have heard and seen was not a very pretty one.

House of Steel
    I would go for it and draft him in the third round if he was there. He is going to be a real gem with some careful workouts and working with the team trainers. I can surely believe he could be hurt all the time and have a career like Curtis Martin, but I am sure if that leg heals well, he could be on his way as a bonafide Hall of Famer we've haven't seen in a long time in the NFL.

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Gem, if hes still there, which I doubt. You never know, there will be some big surprises in this years draft.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    We've got Willie and Najeh as the 2 main starters, and hopefully Kuhn can make a contribution in the mean time. If he's there I'd definitely want to highly consider him.

Thread Information