Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: What I would love to see.....

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #1
    Gold Standard
    BlackGold4vr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    China Lake, Ca
    Posts
    5,170

    What I would love to see.....

    Just as Jerome Bettis took young Willie Parker under his wing and became Willie's mentor. I would love to see Willie take Chris Henry (who had a similar college career) under his wing and mentor the young man (if we draft him of course). I believe that these two guys could relate well with each other and really become close friends and dual superstars in the Steelers backfield. Yes, we still have Davenport. But I believe that Davenport was just a stopgap player until we find a more permanent fixture in the Steeler backfield. I believe that stopgap player will be picked in this years draft. Whether it be Tony Hunt or Chris Henry. Long live the Steelers power run game!

    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

  2. #2
    Starter DIESELMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Brandenburg, Ky.
    Posts
    7,492
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    Just as Jerome Bettis took young Willie Parker under his wing and became Willie's mentor. I would love to see Willie take Chris Henry (who had a similar college career) under his wing and mentor the young man (if we draft him of course). I believe that these two guys could relate well with each other and really become close friends and dual superstars in the Steelers backfield. Yes, we still have Davenport. But I believe that Davenport was just a stopgap player until we find a more permanent fixture in the Steeler backfield. I believe that stopgap player will be picked in this years draft. Whether it be Tony Hunt or Chris Henry. Long live the Steelers power run game!

    I ain't got no problems having either one of those guys in the backfield with Willie. No matter who we get I just hope sacrifice, teamwork and winning are part of their vocabulary. Lets get back to smashmouth ram it down their ****in throats football!!!!!


    If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!


    "Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

    "They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

  3. #3
    2nd String Koopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Kingsville, Texas
    Posts
    9,321
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    henry didn't have a similar experience, from what i read he just never took advantages with his opportunities, that's why he had ppl starting over him...... that's why i don't like him, he's an underachiever and pro days and combines don't impress me at all, just cause you do bad *** in no pads and no one trying to tackle you doesn't mean you are gonna do the same in the nfl

    plus, willie is to young to take anyone under his wing, no one ain't gonna listen to him..........


    tony hunt >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> chris henry

    **** a combine/pro day numbers

    game tape is what players should always be judged off, not gay *** combine numbers.............
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

  4. #4
    2nd String Koopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Kingsville, Texas
    Posts
    9,321
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Strengths:
    Very good athlete with an outstanding blend of size and timed speed...A strong runner who does not go down easily...Has a terrific burst...He's able to run up the middle or kick it outside and turn the corner...Has the ability to be a solid receiver out of the backfield...Does not have a lot of mileage on his tires...Still has upside.

    Weaknesses:
    Does not have much starting experience and he never carried the load...Was not very productive at all in college...Not overly tough or aggressive...A questionable motor...May have character concerns...Runs too high...Impatient runner...He's not shifty or elusive...Sub par blocker...Doesn't play up to those great physical tools.

    Notes:
    Classic workout warrior who "Looks like Tarzan, Plays like Jane"...Has all of the physical tools you look for but to this point has been an underachiever...Entered the draft after his junior year despite a less than impressive on-field resume...He will likely get picked much higher than his production would indicate thanks to the show he put on at the Combine but it will be based almost solely on his potential.
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

  5. #5
    Reppin' 724
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Goldsboro, NC- But from Beaver Falls, PA
    Posts
    5,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    henry didn't have a similar experience, from what i read he just never took advantages with his opportunities, that's why he had ppl starting over him...... that's why i don't like him, he's an underachiever and pro days and combines don't impress me at all, just cause you do bad *** in no pads and no one trying to tackle you doesn't mean you are gonna do the same in the nfl

    plus, willie is to young to take anyone under his wing, no one ain't gonna listen to him..........


    tony hunt >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> chris henry

    **** a combine/pro day numbers

    game tape is what players should always be judged off, not gay *** combine numbers.............
    Well, I agree about the pro day and combine bullshit, but if you judge players solely off of tape, we wouldn't have Willie.

    Like it or not, Willie, being a Pro Bowl player, is going to become a leader. I would be willing to bet that he is more respected in the locker room than Ben is, just my opinion.

  6. #6
    2nd String Koopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Kingsville, Texas
    Posts
    9,321
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillers#1 View Post
    Well, I agree about the pro day and combine bullshit, but if you judge players solely off of tape, we wouldn't have Willie.

    Like it or not, Willie, being a Pro Bowl player, is going to become a leader. I would be willing to bet that he is more respected in the locker room than Ben is, just my opinion.
    i never said willie won't become a leader, but i think he's to young for players to come in and him take them under his wing since he doesn't even have that much experience as a player in the nfl himself........

    and i know the combine/pro day is good for the players that don't really get a chance in college, but i think it's dumb to base everything off those numbers cause usually they don't mean a damn thing when it comes to the actual game, look at suggs with the ravens, ppl were talking down on him cause he had a bad 40 at the combine, but now look, he's a pro bowler.........
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

  7. #7
    Dayton Steel BB2W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Your Mom's
    Posts
    2,180
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    plus, willie is to young to take anyone under his wing, no one ain't gonna listen to him..........
    I was thinking that too. I'm not sure Willie has mentor type quallities... seems like more of a follower to me. That could change over time, your mentor/leadership status goes up a lot when you have 10,000+ yards as Bettis did.



  8. #8
    BlitzburghNation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hazard,Ky
    Posts
    7,874

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •