Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The truth about Ben Roethlisberger

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Ive been wondering just how much Ben and Whis disagreed on things and when it might have started because up until last year things were going pretty hunky dory.
    Hell when you're 15-1 in 2004 and you win it all in 2005 then everything will be hunky dory. Its only when you start lossing then things become a big deal.

theres a ton of stuff to be taken from this article. its seems the writer is insinuating grimm was drinking a bit too much (i have heard these rumors).
    teammates unhappy with ben getting handled with kids gloves. ben unhappy with whiz? cowher running the show like it was a frathouse?

no wonder why the rooneys blew this whole thing up and started from scratch with tomlin. looks like the direction the steelers were being led in was straight down the shitter.

i wonder who the defensive player in the article was?

ben does need to hit the books and forget all the weightroom b.s. if anyone saw mannings skit on saturday night live last night in which he was shirtless, they will realize all that pumping iron is over rated. manning looks like he never seen a weightroom in his life. yet we all know the time he spends studying film and the playbook. if ben really wants to be great, he is gonna have to put in the effort.

its all up to him

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Ben won't have any problems getting in shape, he's a professional athlete and knows how to take care of himself. These training and weightlifting sessions now are to help build team unity as much as they are to get in shape.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
    theres a ton of stuff to be taken from this article. its seems the writer is insinuating grimm was drinking a bit too much (i have heard these rumors).
    teammates unhappy with ben getting handled with kids gloves. ben unhappy with whiz? cowher running the show like it was a frathouse?

no wonder why the rooneys blew this whole thing up and started from scratch with tomlin. looks like the direction the steelers were being led in was straight down the shitter.

i wonder who the defensive player in the article was?

ben does need to hit the books and forget all the weightroom b.s. if anyone saw mannings skit on saturday night live last night in which he was shirtless, they will realize all that pumping iron is over rated. manning looks like he never seen a weightroom in his life. yet we all know the time he spends studying film and the playbook. if ben really wants to be great, he is gonna have to put in the effort.

its all up to him
    Great post Tony. I totally agree with everything you said in this post.

Ben won't have any problems getting in shape, he's a professional athlete and knows how to take care of himself. These training and weightlifting sessions now are to help build team unity as much as they are to get in shape.
    well, like the article suggests, ben has no problem hanging out, lifting weights, tossing a few balls and building commaraderie with his team mates. what he is struggling with is the, extra curricular stuff he has to be self motivated to do, such as studying film while he is all alone in that big house of his. having his nose in the playbook while other people are out having a good time.

enough playing grabass in the weightroom ben. every team needs the team commedian or clown but you are not it.

its time to quit watching replays of evel kenevil stunts and fonzi jumping barrels in front of "arnolds" and time to start memorizing the dozens of gamefilms of the ravens defense the steelers have on tape.

hey ben. hit your "hot read" and you may not get sacked 9 times in 1 game.

Reppin' 724
    I'm pretty sure if you ask Ben what a "hot read" is, he will tell you it hass to do with the "Y" button on X-Box 360.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    well, like the article suggests, ben has no problem hanging out, lifting weights, tossing a few balls and building commaraderie with his team mates. what he is struggling with is the, extra curricular stuff he has to be self motivated to do, such as studying film while he is all alone in that big house of his. having his nose in the playbook while other people are out having a good time.

enough playing grabass in the weightroom ben. every team needs the team commedian or clown but you are not it.

its time to quit watching replays of evel kenevil stunts and fonzi jumping barrels in front of "arnolds" and time to start memorizing the dozens of gamefilms of the ravens defense the steelers have on tape.

Ya gotta start somewhere and since we're early on in the offseason still and especially coming off a bad year the more they guys can grow together as a team now, the more it will help them in mini camp and training camp.

Im sure Bruce will have Ben looking at all kinds of plays and start getting him prepared.

Im sure Bruce will have Ben looking at all kinds of plays and start getting him prepared.
    he better or he will be out of a job in 08. isnt this stuff whiz shoulda been working on 2-3 years ago? no wonder him or whipple are no longer working with the steelers. ben better pick it up too or the steelers may just realize batch is more bang for their buck.

Quote Originally Posted by Stillers#1 View Post
    I'm pretty sure if you ask Ben what a "hot read" is, he will tell you it hass to do with the "Y" button on X-Box 360.
    are you saying it isnt? damn i thought it ws that simple all along
    black and gold born, black and gold bred
    when i die, i will be black and gold dead

thanks HOS for the sig!

Thread Information