Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Palmer will play Monday night against Packers

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
    I can't imagine he'll play that much, especially if the OL doesnt keep the pressure off him but I wish him a full recovery...
    I think Carson said earlier that he wanted to play a half this game and into the 3rd quarter the next game in order to be certain he was ready for the opener.

Honestly, 'playing' means nothing for the Bengals right now. They don't need Carson to play - they need him to perform. We'll see how he does, but I've never heard someone so openly afraid to test their knee. He doesn't sound confident, and for someone that was already making bad decisions (per JC Joyner: Palmer ranked 30th in bad decisions... He also had a high near interception rate (4%). The game notes... show that his somewhat questionable decision making is a fairly regular occurance), it will be interesting to see how he does when he's got his knee in the back of his mind too.

Quote Originally Posted by BBC
    Honestly, 'playing' means nothing for the Bengals right now. They don't need Carson to play - they need him to perform. We'll see how he does, but I've never heard someone so openly afraid to test their knee. He doesn't sound confident, and for someone that was already making bad decisions (per JC Joyner: Palmer ranked 30th in bad decisions... He also had a high near interception rate (4%). The game notes... show that his somewhat questionable decision making is a fairly regular occurance), it will be interesting to see how he does when he's got his knee in the back of his mind too.
    If bad decision making leads to 3,000+ yards, 30+ TD's, and a division title...I want to see more of it. Being that Big Ben ranked dead last in Joyner's "bad decision making" rankings, I'm not that concerned.

"Roethlisberger ranked dead last in the bad decision percentage category and had the fifth-highest weighted bad decision percentage." - Link

I believe that after taking a few hits, Carson will regain most of that confidence and return to his old "bad decision making" ways.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Well that whole thing sounds like a stupid ranking system. Big Ben and Palmer would be taken by any team right now if they had the option. All that matters to me is does your QB know how to win? Ben does, Palmer is getting there.

Quote Originally Posted by CantStop85
    If bad decision making leads to 3,000+ yards, 30+ TD's, and a division title...I want to see more of it. Being that Big Ben ranked dead last in Joyner's "bad decision making" rankings, I'm not that concerned.

"Roethlisberger ranked dead last in the bad decision percentage category and had the fifth-highest weighted bad decision percentage." - Link

I believe that after taking a few hits, Carson will regain most of that confidence and return to his old "bad decision making" ways.
    For starters, it's not to smart to be judging QB's based on so called "ranking system" that was specifically designed to make "Golden Boy Brady" look better than what most think he really is. If this ranking system is so great then please explain how supposably Brady didn't make a single mistake last year but yet he threw 12-14 INT's??

If you plan to use a ranking system to prove a point at least make sure it's legitimate and somewhat respected. I'm not trying to bash anyone or criticize, it's just the rankings referred are somewhat of a joke IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler
    For starters, it's not to smart to be judging QB's based on so called "ranking system" that was specifically designed to make "Golden Boy Brady" look better than what most think he really is. If this ranking system is so great then please explain how supposably Brady didn't make a single mistake last year but yet he threw 12-14 INT's??

If you plan to use a ranking system to prove a point at least make sure it's legitimate and somewhat respected. I'm not trying to bash anyone or criticize, it's just the rankings referred are somewhat of a joke IMO.
    If you can show me another ranking system that goes this indepth, I'd love to see it: http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insid...26id%3d2543073

1. Forcing a pass into coverage
    2. Staring at a receiver
    3. Throwing the ball despite being tackled
    4. Misreading a zone defense and not seeing a defender in the passing lane.
    I don't know how exactly those 4 things are set out to make Tom Brady look good, that's something every quarterback in the league should do. It isn't surprising that Tom Brady ranks in the top - but it isn't as if those 4 things are associated with strenths of Tom Brady, they're strenghts that every quarterback should have.

But back on topic, Joyner's rankings or not, Palmer does not sound confident in his knee, and that won't help his decision making. He doesn't think he can make cuts, he isn't ready to be tackled, and he can't keep from looking at the pass rush rather than looking downfield. When you're more worried about a defender falling down towards your legs than throwing the ball to your receiver - you're going to have some problems.

#1 Hater of the other 30 SteelCityMan786's Avatar
    Palmer now showing some love to the Steelers.

"They(Steelers) proved they were the best team in football." It was during Sportscenter

My Mood
    Addicted
    They showed Palmer working out the other day and he looked like he was moving pretty good. We'll soon see how he moves during a live game.

Thread Information