Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arron Sears, Guard, Tennessee

Bookmark and Share
    Gold Standard
    Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post
    True......but do we need a G or a T? If you ask me I have no clue anymore.
    I'm with you bro. Maybe it just comes down to best available. But if you asked me, if you are not going to take an O-lineman on day 1, why waste the pick on day 2? Usually day 2 picks have ended up either cut or put on our practice squad. Maybe that will change under Tomlin.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I know if Joe Staley is there in the second round the Steelers should draft him. I think he could be a very solid LT in the NFL. Then the Steelers could move Smith back to RT which he is better suited for anyway.

As for an OG. I wouldn't mind Koopas guy from Texas. I think he is going to be a very good player. I like Sears as well. I'm not thrilled with Grubbs at all.

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    I'm with you bro. Maybe it just comes down to best available. But if you asked me, if you are not going to take an O-lineman on day 1, why waste the pick on day 2? Usually day 2 picks have ended up either cut or put on our practice squad. Maybe that will change under Tomlin.
    Thats true on the wasted picks, hopefully between Tomlin's ideas and Colbert we can start finding players we can keep. If we can get some good potential on day 2 for a starter in a couple of years and depth, I think that would be better then keeping someone on the roster for 6 years (Okobi....sorry Koop) that hasn't seen the light of day so to speak.

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Gold Standard
    Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post
    Thats true on the wasted picks, hopefully between Tomlin's ideas and Colbert we can start finding players we can keep. If we can get some good potential on day 2 for a starter in a couple of years and depth, I think that would be better then keeping someone on the roster for 6 years (Okobi....sorry Koop) that hasn't seen the light of day so to speak.
    And how about Chris Kemoeatu who I have read is still struggling to learn the playbook and he is going into his 3rd year. C'mon, I should hope that learning an NFL playbook isn't like learning quantum physics. And now they are concerned with Chris picking up the new playbook because he still didn't have a grasp of the old one. If the dude is a tard then cut his ***!
    Sorry TG, I know you like the guy.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    remember, this isn't cowher lead team.............we got a whole new offense, i doubt anyone really knows the playbook
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    And how about Chris Kemoeatu who I have read is still struggling to learn the playbook and he is going into his 3rd year. C'mon, I should hope that learning an NFL playbook isn't like learning quantum physics. And now they are concerned with Chris picking up the new playbook because he still didn't have a grasp of the old one. If the dude is a tard then cut his ***!
    Sorry TG, I know you like the guy.
    To me dexterity and brains would be the 2 main qualities of a lineman. They need to be smart to recognize the stunts and zone blitzes, the odd and even alignments, and the constant movement on defense to confuse them. Think and move at the same time, they either can or can't do it.

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Thread Information