Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why we need to draft Tony Hunt

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Dude LJ still had 1,789 rushing yards to go with 17 TD's this year without Roaf.lol Thats still a great year. I agree he has been lucky to run behind some very good Olineman in his young career. But that doesn't mean you should take anything away from what he has done. I'm not even a big LJ fan but he is clearly one of the best RB's in the NFL.

Plus maybe defenses were keying on him alittle more this year after he ripped it up in 8 games during the 05 season. One thing though he sucked in the play-offs against the Colts. Still trying to figure that one out.
    i know its a great year, but hes not a great RB, hes a good RB, he in the same situation as shaun alexander. BUT 1700+yards and 17 TDs in 16 games is weak compared to 1700+yards and 20 TDs w/roaf in half as many games. He was brutally forced to run the ball an set records with carries, and based on how "great" he is he should have had way more production than he did last year

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I was really hoping LJ was going to leave the Chiefs and maybe we'd make a run for him, but that was a pipe dream

LJ is a great back, the dude has been something special since he came into the league. He's got all the tools to continue to be productive. Although great is a relative term based on your own deductive reasoning as to what defines a great back.

As long as we get Willie some rest and somebody who can spell him and be productive at the same time we'll make sure that we have a fresh Willie Parker come January, not a worn out Willie.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i know its a great year, but hes not a great RB, hes a good RB, he in the same situation as shaun alexander. BUT 1700+yards and 17 TDs in 16 games is weak compared to 1700+yards and 20 TDs w/roaf in half as many games. He was brutally forced to run the ball an set records with carries, and based on how "great" he is he should have had way more production than he did last year
    Ok I'm so glad you're the final judgement on greatness News flash you have to be good period just to make the NFL. I guess we should take Emmitt Smith's records and accomplishments away since he played behind an awesome OLine as well?
    Last edited by Black@Gold Forever32; 03-24-2007 at 06:46 PM.

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    We could of had LJ but moved up with KC to get Troy and KC took LJ so who would you rather have?
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Captcoolhand View Post
    We could of had LJ but moved up with KC to get Troy and KC took LJ so who wouyld you rather have?
    Well Troy Polamalu for sure. I'm not a big fan of Larry Johnson but I do think he is one of the best RB's in the NFL. I can't name five RB's I rather have then LJ. After LaDanian Tomlinson who is clearly the best in the NFL then LJ enters the conversation.

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    One thing though he sucked in the play-offs against the Colts. Still trying to figure that one out.
    Thats cuz Sanders was back, hes the spark for the Colts.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    i agree with train

i think lj is a very good running back

but right now there's only one great running back and his name is LaDainian Tomlinson
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

LJ is a great runner... he may have a good line, but he breaks a lot of tackles. Couple what he's done in the NFL with the fact he was the ninth player in NCAA history to rush for more than 2,000 yards in a season makes him a great runner.

He didn't have a great o-line at PSU... he just ran over everybody.

He's a beast... quit hatin. <>
    Last edited by BB2W; 03-24-2007 at 06:55 PM.

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post
    Thats cuz Sanders was back, hes the spark for the Colts.
    Well if Bob Sanders means that much to the Colts team then he is the MVP of the NFL.Now I'm just kidding about the MVP talk.

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    i agree with train

i think lj is a very good running back

but right now there's only one great running back and his name is LaDainian Tomlinson
    No you don't agree with Ktrain. Train said good were you said very good. There is a difference.lol

Thread Information