Michael Vick claimed Thursday that the hidden compartment in a water bottle he tried to take on a plane at Miami International Airport — a compartment that smelled of marijuana, according to police — was actually used to carry jewelry.

If that's true, it's news to the Miami-Dade Police Department.
"That's the first we've heard of it," Detective Nelda Fonticella, spokeswoman for the Miami-Dade Police Department, told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution when asked if Vick was carrying jewelry in the bottle. "If he has any kind of problem with the way things were handled, then he needs to talk to internal affairs."

There is no mention of jewelry in the police report, in statements given by the security agents involved or in the Florida state attorney's case memo, the Journal-Constitution reported, having obtained those documents.

Vick was stopped on Jan. 17 when he tried to pass through an airport security checkpoint with a 20-ounce bottle of water. Liquid containers of that size are no longer allowed on flights due to terrorism concerns. Vick was reluctant to give up the bottle at first, then threw it in a trash can. A security agent retrieved the bottle and found the hidden compartment. Police were summoned and reported a "dark particulate" and the smell of marijuana.

No charges were filed when authorities found no evidence of drugs in the bottle.

Vick had declined to speak publicly about the incident until Thursday.

"I had earrings in it, and I had jewelry in it," Vick said of the bottle. "They took the bottle. I don't know what they did with the bottle. I guess they were trying to, I don't want to say frame me, but at the same time look at what I had to go through.

"Nobody came out and said there were earrings inside the bottle, jewelry in the the bottle. I was cordial. I gave the bottle to the (Transportation Security Agency) lady and said, 'If you want to keep it you can keep it.' The only reason I went through all that was because there was water at the top of (the bottle). It was a stash box for my jewelry. That's what I told everybody but that wasn't written."
Lets see, 17 Jan-23 March, thats, let me see 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6....**** it thats 65 days!! Now hes coming up with this bullshit!! Michael Vick is a ****ing idiot!!!!!