Thread: I work with Gerry Mullins cousin

Bookmark and Share
    Gold Standard

I work with Gerry Mullins cousin

Any of you remember Gerry Mullins? He was an O-lineman who played guard for us on a couple of the 70's super bowl teams. I work with his first cousin Richie and we have some great conversations about the Steelers dynasty teams of the 70's. Of course he has better stories because he got to meet a lot of those guys. Just another one of the legions of Steeler fans out here in SoCal.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

My Mood
    Addicted
    How about telling him to come on here and sharing some stories!....lol Or letting you share them with us. I'd love to hear more about the guys from the 70's.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelersfan View Post
    How about telling him to come on here and sharing some stories!....lol Or letting you share them with us. I'd love to hear more about the guys from the 70's.
    no joke...that would be awesome!!!

sig made by K Train....Thank you!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon

See if he can get you some pics or something that you can share with us, that would be awesome ! Definitely tell him about us, we'd love to have him on SA.

House of Steel
    Sorry to change the subject, but someone two weeks ago, a distant cousin of mine from Minnesota e mail me out of the ordinary. He told me, He saw my e mail in the ancestory.com. Well we are related according to the family tree. Then something else happened that shocked the hell out of me, but I still don't believe this one. He told me someone in the Saurer's family back in the 1700s married a Roethlisberger. Needless to say, it was Ben Roethlisberger's blood line going back to the 1700's. He is telling me, that him and I are distant cousins of Ben Roethlisberger since both of our family are from the same exact region of Switzerland, that marriage produced 8 kids I was told. WOW!!! I am having a hard time believing that I am a distant cousin of Ben Roethlisberger, like he would really believe that in 3 seconds.

Back on the subject, that is pretty cool to hear you working with the cousin of Gerry Mullins. I would love to hear some of those great dynasty stories.

SA First Blitzburgh Blitzburgh55's Avatar
    I went to Greg Mullin camp
    He was on the dream team

I no its off topic

House of Steel
    Your talking about attending his camp, that is not really off the topic. I bet that was a great time.

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    "Moon" .... yep, I remember him.

Still have his autographed picture hanging in my gameroom. He lined up next to Webbie and was part of the immovable object known as the Steeler offensive line in the 70's. He was a rock ....

Gerry Mullins (1949-) is a retired football player, who started at the offensive guard position for the Pittsburgh Steelers for his entire career (1971-1979). Known as "Moon," Mullins, who also played football at the University of Southern California, was drafted in 1971 and went on to win four Super Bowls with the Steelers (Super Bowls IX, X, XIII, and XIV). Mullins retired after Super Bowl XIV. Mr. Mullins currently resides in Pittsburgh, Pa and is in the recycling business.

Tailgate Coordinator
    I remember Moon also, he was pretty good.

I'm A "Champion"

Quote Originally Posted by Steelersfan View Post
    That would be awesome

Thread Information