Thread: Cato June signs with the Bucs.....

Bookmark and Share
    SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted

Cato June signs with the Bucs.....

Less than two months after helping the Indianapolis Colts win their first Super Bowl in nearly four decades, June on Saturday signed with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

June, 27, recorded a career-high 142 tackles, one sack, two forced fumbles and three interceptions last season, his fourth with the Colts. The 6-foot linebacker had seven tackles in Indianapolis' 29-17 victory over the Chicago Bears in Super Bowl XLI.

A Pro Bowler in 2005, June became the third member of the reigning champions to leave via free agency. Cornerback Nick Harper signed with Tennessee on Wednesday and running back Dominic Rhodes signed with Oakland last Friday.

In Tampa Bay, June figures to inject youth into a veteran defense which features Pro Bowl linebackers Derrick Brooks, 33, and Shelton Quarles, 35.

A sixth-round selection in the 2003 draft, June has 399 tackles and 10 interceptions in 56 career games.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

House of Steel
    The way it is going for the Colts, Peyton better enjoy his first and only ring. They are nuts for giving up the best players.

As long as he's off the Colts and didn't go to New England.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    The Colts better have a very good draft to replace the talent they're lossing.

This was a surprise...and a very pleasant one!! Sounds like a good move and, heaven knows, we need all the help we can get!!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    You're getting a beast of a player on defense and Colts definitely lost a big talent they'll need to replace in the draft.

Dungy better have some hidden gems up his sleeve for 2008.

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Can anyone say first to last? I hate to wish bad luck on anyone but isn't it about time Manning gets hurt at least once in his career. Make a great story for next year. "Manning goes down and so do the Colts 0-16 in 2007"

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Smart move by the buc's and a perfect fit,,,,,,,,,,,,Guess they couldn't afford
    to pay there best LB neither

all pony linebackers are garbage anyway...that defense is nothin without bob sanders....june sucks along with the other LBs

My Mood
    Chatty
    I was shocked!!! Why would he go to the Bucs???

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

Thread Information