View Poll Results: Change up the Steeler uniforms?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • No way, they are perfect just the way they are.

25 64.10%
  • Maybe some subtle changes, but nothing drastic

14 35.90%
  • Yes, it's time for a complete make over.

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Should the Steelers ever change uniforms ?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Should the Steelers ever change uniforms ?

With teams in recent history going for either a full or partial cosmetic makeover like the Bengals, Seahawks, and now the Chargers as well, does anybody think the Rooney's will change our uniforms at all?

Personally Im thinking, no way. They are too based in tradition and history to make any drastic changes. Look how long it took us to add the logo in the front and change the numbers to a different style Which by way I hate the numbers we have, I wish we'd go back to the old school style or at least have come up with a better design than the ones we have now, but that's just me. Even if they did change up our uni's alittle bit atleast we know the colors will never change

some kind of alt jersey would be cool...nothing gay like powder blue but mabey something.....and keepin the newer design with old school numbers would be cool

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    naw, they are perfect the way they are now, plus i don't want to buy more because of change lol
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Ive always thought we should use the alternate uniforms on a special occasion here and there, but we never have. Every team has an alternate uniform that the NFL required them to make quite awhile ago but they weren't required to use them at any specific time as far as I know. Rumor has it that ours is all a sleek black look on the pants, and the jerseys are a shiny black as well with different style numbers and logo's on the arms. They sold them for awhile in stores, but not as an "official steelers jersey" so to speak. I have a Parker one like that.

MVP

Unifroms

The steelers have to much tradition to change there uniforms. I do miss the old block numbers they use to have. But besides that if its not broke dont fix it.

SteelerMatt
    http://www.eacustomcovers.com/_sa/1st.jpg[/IMG]

black pants would be sweet....they had yellow jerseys and helmets on madden as an alt

My Mood
    Addicted
    I don't think they should change. They look bad *** as they are now.

They'll never actually change the jerseys, but they'll have to make subtle changes here and there eventually.

I could see the white on white look possibly since we used it quite a bit in the 70's but to change the styling overall would suck
    "Racing doesn't teach a lesson. Nor do most racers. Many of them can't even tell you why they're in the cockpit. They don't know. Racing isn't what they do. It's who they are."

R.I.P. Dan Wheldon

Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Ive always thought we should use the alternate uniforms on a special occasion here and there, but we never have. Every team has an alternate uniform that the NFL required them to make quite awhile ago but they weren't required to use them at any specific time as far as I know. Rumor has it that ours is all a sleek black look on the pants, and the jerseys are a shiny black as well with different style numbers and logo's on the arms. They sold them for awhile in stores, but not as an "official steelers jersey" so to speak. I have a Parker one like that.
    TG that's just not the case at all. Every team does not have a third uniform. However Rooney did have a third one made, it was to be just like the black and white ones, except gold (yellow). Rooney wanted to use that uniform in warm weather situations, like playing Miami, Tampa or Jacksonville in early September. The NFL ruled they couldn't wear the gold on the road like that, some rule or something in the early 2000's. However I believe that rule has since changed. Stevie Steeler here actually had a picture of it in his profile at one time.

Thread Information