Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 52

Thread: Amphitheater

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #1
    Steelerlyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lansing, MI
    Posts
    5,345
    My Mood
    Amazed

    Wink Amphitheater

    (AP) PITTSBURGH The Pittsburgh Steelers can move forward with plans to build an amphitheater near Heinz Field.

    The city-county Sports-and-Exhibition Authority has approved up to $10million in tax credits that the team plans to use for infrastructure for the project.

    The team is working with Continental Real Estate as its development partner on the project.

    The team plans to build a glass-covered amphitheater that would seat about 1,200 people, and to surround the venue with bars and restaurants.

    The Steelers will receive $1 million in tax credits over the next ten years.

    The project has to meet certain sales tax revenue goals to remain eligible to receive all the credits.

    http://kdka.com/local/local_story_074220125.html

    and the point of a 1,200 seat amphitheater is.......? You can fit that many people in a good sized bar to see a cover band on Friday nights. For an out of towner I am always happy to find something else to do when in town for games but what kind of entertainment caters to the 1,200 seat crowd? If it is meant to simply be an open air seating area for festivals and have family oriented activities it may make sense but if it is an admission charging arena it is a waste.
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

    Lyn

    www.blackngoldpride.com

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU






    Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

  2. #2
    Tailgate Coordinator
    Stlrs4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    New Bedford, Pa.
    Posts
    3,956
    Another dumb idea.

    I'm A "Champion"

  3. #3
    Top 30 Friday133's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    982
    Quote Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life View Post
    Another dumb idea.
    Based on what? The developer that will be doing this, Cordish Companies out of Baltimore has developed and will be developing similar sites elsewhere in the country. I know they are working with the St. Louis Cardinals regarding the new developments around new Busch Stadium.

  4. #4
    Top 30 Friday133's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    982
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelerlyn View Post
    (AP) PITTSBURGH The Pittsburgh Steelers can move forward with plans to build an amphitheater near Heinz Field.

    The city-county Sports-and-Exhibition Authority has approved up to $10million in tax credits that the team plans to use for infrastructure for the project.

    The team is working with Continental Real Estate as its development partner on the project.

    The team plans to build a glass-covered amphitheater that would seat about 1,200 people, and to surround the venue with bars and restaurants.

    The Steelers will receive $1 million in tax credits over the next ten years.

    The project has to meet certain sales tax revenue goals to remain eligible to receive all the credits.

    http://kdka.com/local/local_story_074220125.html

    and the point of a 1,200 seat amphitheater is.......? You can fit that many people in a good sized bar to see a cover band on Friday nights. For an out of towner I am always happy to find something else to do when in town for games but what kind of entertainment caters to the 1,200 seat crowd? If it is meant to simply be an open air seating area for festivals and have family oriented activities it may make sense but if it is an admission charging arena it is a waste.

    I appreciate the out of town fan, but the whole point of building the new stadiums was to draw development to the area, no one in Pittsburgh wanted to have a repeat of 3RS. Frankly with the Chevrolet Amphitheater relocating to homestead, it gives the city a great new place for music.

  5. #5
    House of Steel
    Guest
    I have to agree with Friday here. This is another chance to bring more revenue to the city of Pittsburgh. If this also spawns new business and attractions, more power to the city. I am always in favor of new developments that perks up the area as far as business and bring revenues. I think the Steelers are going to be rewarded for this in a great way.

  6. #6
    Top 30 Friday133's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    982
    Quote Originally Posted by House of Steel View Post
    I have to agree with Friday here. This is another chance to bring more revenue to the city of Pittsburgh. If this also spawns new business and attractions, more power to the city. I am always in favor of new developments that perks up the area as far as business and bring revenues. I think the Steelers are going to be rewarded for this in a great way.
    Exactly! Plus the Steelers and the Pirates cut some sort of revenue from the developments, so its in the teams best interest to move forward. Right now there are only two office buildings in the area between Heinz and PNC. However, that's going to change over time, soon there will be another hotel, another office building and maybe some residential.

  7. #7
    House of Steel
    Guest
    I thought they was building a casino within that area, Friday? I know a luxury hotel is going in there soon with condos residental buildings.

  8. #8
    Reppin' 724
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Goldsboro, NC- But from Beaver Falls, PA
    Posts
    5,223
    ooooo a 1,200 amphitheater, ooooooo thats gonna be soooo cool, ooooooo

  9. #9
    Top 30 Friday133's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    982
    Quote Originally Posted by House of Steel View Post
    I thought they was building a casino within that area, Friday? I know a luxury hotel is going in there soon with condos residental buildings.
    The casino is going to be further down the Ohio River towards the West End bridge. Hyatt is going to put an upscale hotel in between the stadiums. Residential condos or apartments could happen there, nothing concrete yet.

  10. #10
    Top 30 Friday133's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    982
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillers#1 View Post
    ooooo a 1,200 amphitheater, ooooooo thats gonna be soooo cool, ooooooo
    Good thing you don't live anywhere near here.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •