Thread: Steeler Draft Prospect: Lawrence Timmons

Bookmark and Share
    SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    damn get over okoye lol
    He talks about Okoye like you talk about Sepulveda

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Gold Standard
    Quote Originally Posted by BLITZBURGH NATION View Post
    I believe in the front office We should get a stud at #15 ,,,,,,,,,

Timmons,Poz,Spencer I still want "OKOYE"
    Nah, ever since I read an article by Jim Wexell in the SteelCityInsider.com where he talks about Okoye going up against Dan Mozes, C, West Virginia and the article said the coaches had Dan working on some new blocking techniques. Also pointed out that they got some looks at Okoye when they played Pitt and he was nothing special. Said if we drafted him he would really have a difficult time beating out Chris Hoke on our depth chart for playing time. That kinda killed my Okoye buzz. I never saw him before the senior bowl and if you were to base your whole opinion on that........well, he was a total beast at the senior bowl. Looking at his whole body of work, he is good and he may even be great. But he is not what the Steelers need in this years draft. Our first pick should be on the best pass rushing linebacker/defensive end that we can get. If we cannot improve upon the pass rush that we had last year we could be in for a long season. Since we are staying in a 3-4 defense, I just don't see where a defensive tackle suited for a 4-3 defense will help us.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    We need an immediate impact player that can play on damn near every down. No situational players drafted on D!!!
    Last edited by DIESELMAN; 04-01-2007 at 09:55 AM.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post
    He talks about Okoye like you talk about Sepulveda
    yeah but we have a legit need for sepulveda, and he is a superstar lol

Gold Standard

Leaning towards 3

I am leaning towards Jon Beason, Patrick Willis and Lawrence Timmons. All 3guys are true linebackers, not converted DE's. They all have big time speed which you can't coach but there is nothing more disruptive for an offense than a guy who can beat the tackles around the ends. Beason can play inside or out. Willis is said to be suited for the inside, but I don't give much creedance to labels. Timmons is being projected as an OLB. All 3 guys have been projected as mid-first round picks. Scout.com has them ranked 16th, 22nd, and 24th. So I don't believe that any of these guys would be considered a reach for us. Spencer is still projected as a late 1st, early second round pick. No doubt, Spencer is bigger than these other guys and I wouldn't be disappointed if they chose Spencer. I just don't think they will pick him. Thats just my opinion. I believe he would have some problems dropping into coverage and covering backs or tight ends in the flats. It's April 1st so we have less than 4 weeks now until we know for sure.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

Timmons would be my pick, willis no i dont want him

Gold Standard
    I wouldn't have a problem with Posluzny either. He is a beast and he is going to be a future pro-bowler in my opinion.

i would really prefer timmons over poz, timmons played alot of DE but he was to athletic to keep him there, so they moved him to OLB, he has pass rushing expirience. Poz would be a good coverage guy and run stuffer, but no one can run on us as it is, we need that guy who can disrupt the pocket

POKER LEGEND
    I like patrick willis better than timmons i believe there is more upside there.

Thread Information