Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 FOR 1 ?

Bookmark and Share
    Gold Standard

2 FOR 1 ?

24. New England: Anthony Spencer, OLB/DE, Purdue -- I know the Pats bought OLB Adalius Thomas, but there is no reason to think the Pats have enough outside rush players. I could see them package up this pick, along with No. 28 and move up in the draft.

Wouldn't mind giving up the 15th spot to New England for the 24th and the 28th spots in the first round! That would be ssaawwweeeeeettttt!
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

i dont think it would be that sweet , first of all our guys could very well be gone by then and second i prefer not to associate with patriot scum
    Last edited by K Train; 03-12-2007 at 07:42 PM.

Gold Standard

I see it as getting more value!

Perhaps New England is interested in Marshawn Lynch and if we made that trade it would give us 3 top 50 picks (24th, 28th, and 47th). Spencer would probably still be there at 24th and then we would still have the 28th to fill another need. I don't think it would be that bad of a trade-off!
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The pats got some weapons now with signing Stallworth and Kelly Washington so I look for them to go on defense more now, maybe OL too.

It's not often we get an early round pick on day 1 so I'd prefer we probably stand pat and ensure ourselves the chance to get the guy we want. Maybe we could move down a few spots depending on what deals we could make but Im not sure I want to do down that far.

why would they draft lynch????? Maroney is just like lynch, he even looks like him lol

Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    The pats got some weapons now with signing Stallworth and Kelly Washington so I look for them to go on defense more now, maybe OL too.

It's not often we get an early round pick on day 1 so I'd prefer we probably stand pat and ensure ourselves the chance to get the guy we want. Maybe we could move down a few spots depending on what deals we could make but Im not sure I want to do down that far.
    if anything our asses need to move up and get Adams....im pretty sure i'd freak out

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    Wouldn't mind giving up the 15th spot to New England for the 24th and the 28th spots in the first round! That would be ssaawwweeeeeettttt!

Why would you do this trade? NE has no interest in moving up. They have reloaded and expect to take back that the lombardi.

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

Gold Standard

No chance of moving up!

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    if anything our asses need to move up and get Adams....im pretty sure i'd freak out
    I think you should put Gaines Adams out of your mind because that just won't happen! They would need to move up to about the 5th spot to get Adams. Its not like the Steelers to move up into the high dollar rookies. I think you should get really comfortable with the idea of drafting Adam Carriker! He is the only defensive player that I have seen who is consistently in or around the area where we are drafting! Only reason he didn't get the best odds of becoming a Steeler by Wexell is because he may be gone before 15th. He had the second best odds. I believe if Carriker is available when its our turn you should prepare yourself for some disappointment! Only if Carriker is already gone do they look to Spencer IMO. Personally I would rather have Spencer myself but if they are looking to get value for the pick they will go with Carriker! He is the blue collar kinda guy the Steelers love! Hope im wrong but I think if we stay put we end up with Carriker!

Gold Standard

That was Pat Kirwins thoughts from NFL.com

Quote Originally Posted by SteelersfaninPhilly View Post
    Why would you do this trade? NE has no interest in moving up. They have reloaded and expect to take back that the lombardi.
    Because they have taken care of so many of their needs through free agency they may look to trade quantity for quality. They already have 2 picks in the first round because they have Seattles pick. What Pat Kirwin said is he thinks they may package up both picks (24th and 28th) to trade up for a player they really want. Because so many of the OLB and DE players we are interested in are projected to be late 1st round picks I believe that would be beneficial to us to move down and maybe get 2 guys instead of just one! Its just a thought.

**** carriker i cant describe how pissed off i'd be, i want moss or spencer....thats is unless some freak thing happens and adams falls to us which is possible with anderson being so overhyped

Thread Information