Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: U of Arizona Pro-Day....Henry impresses

Bookmark and Share
    Gold Standard

U of Arizona Pro-Day....Henry impresses

Movement at RB? Top Ten trade?

Posted Mar 11, 2007

Scouts made their way to Arizona on Saturday to watch the Wildcats workout. And while there was very little to speak of as far as pure numbers are concerned, there was plenty of news buzzing in the air. We are now seeing movement near the top of the running backs chart. There is also news of a trade which could occur in the draft's initial ten picks.

Chris Henry stood on his outstanding combine numbers but the junior ball carrier did participate in drills and received rave reviews. Scouts in attendance were awed with Henry's hands when asked to catch the ball out of the backfield. His route running was much better than advertised as was his footwork.

The Cleveland Browns will be flying Henry to their facility in the coming weeks. The Miami Dolphins, St. Louis Rams, Carolina Panthers and New England Patriots all have dates set-up to fly to Henry's southern California training facility for private workouts.

The feeling coming away from the workout is Henry will now battle to be the third running back drafted after Adrian Peterson and Marshawn Lynch. A feeling we think is justified.

Teams are not completely sold that Kenny Irons of Auburn can hold-up as a feature ball carrier at the next level. They are not enamored with Michael Bush of Louisville, who's done very little to date. And many doubt Penn State's Tony Hunt will run faster than 4.6-seconds during his pro-day. Of course this scenario leaves out Brian Leonard of Rutgers, who may be drafted as either a fullback or feature runner.

This all leaves the door open for Henry, who has created a buzz in the scouting community.

Some are concerned about his lack of production and playing time at Arizona. Yet the simple fact is Henry, like a number of Wildcats, fell into the doghouse of coach Mike Stoops.

On film Henry has a complete game impacting as a runner, blocker and pass catcher, giving scouts another reason to be so upbeat about him.

Look for either Green Bay or Buffalo to possibly roll the dice on Henry in round two, depending on which team does not come away with Marshawn Lynch in the first frame.

Don't come away with Lynch in round one?
    Would love to see this guy in black and gold but I don't think that will happen! This guy won't be around by the 47th pick. He was the second fastest back at the combine and is built the thickest with a low center of gravity. He will be gone before the 40th pick. In fact I wouldn't be shocked to see New England snag him with one of their 2 first round picks! Those *ssholes! The rich get richer.......
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

hes alright, i'd rather have bush though

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    I agree

Gold Standard

We don't know that he's alright.

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post

He is an unknown and that is what makes him so intriguing! He is just like Willie was in college. His coach didn't much care for him so he hardly played at all. Nobody really knows how good he can be because he wasn't given a chance in college! He could be a superstar or he could be a bust. What has made his star rise so rapidly is the performance that he put on at the combine. He ran the second fastest shuttle and even the agility drills were some of the fastest at the combine. Couple the combine performance with his physique 5'11 and 230 lbs. and you certainly have star potential. Put all this together and you have a powerfully built running back with a low center of gravity and game breaking speed (4.33 in the 40). That is what has scouts and head coaches excited about this guy!

Michael Bush is a slightly bigger back at 6'2 and 250 but his 40 times were 4.65 which is average at best. I wouldn't be unhappy if we drafted Bush but I think Henry may turn out to be the bigger star because of that speed! You can't coach speed!
    Last edited by BlackGold4vr; 03-12-2007 at 11:35 AM.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

It's not the Stoops didn't like Henry... Henry was backing up another back by the name of Mike Bell (Broncos undrafted Rookie) his sophomore season. He started to become known this season because he had some breakout games but he still shared his time in the backfield with Chris Jennings.

We have speed though, bush's speed isnt what makes me like him....willie runs a 4.28....we have plenty of speed

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Bush or Henry....Henry or Bush. It doesn't matter to me just as long at the Steelers get one of them. Hey Willie Parker is the starter no doubt but Dookie is just well soft.lol Nice role player but not a guy that want to carry the load of Parker went down with serious injury.

i'll put henry in fourth.....bush/leonard/hunt/henry.....hows that lol

Gold Standard

Take Leonard outta there!

Don't want no small, slow white boy! Don't see Leonard as a viable candidate anymore since he lost a bunch of weight to speed up his 40 times!

Hunt/Bush/Henry

Now thats more like it!

The other thing to look at when taking a RB is how much were they utilized in college... were they an every down back and just got pounded to death every Saturday so now their body won't uphold to a rigorous NFL schedule... or did they share their time and not really take the abuse of a feature back so they will last longer in the NFL??? There are a lot of factors when taking a RB besides the "Were they bad *** in college?"

Thread Information