Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stallworth to the Pats.....

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    lol that would be so sweet. Hey I remember when people thought Hartwell was the next big thing and the Falcons made a great signing when they signed him.
    lol.....he played in like 13 games in 2 years in Atlanta not bad for a six-year, $26.25 million contract.

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelersfaninPhilly View Post
    Stallworth's deal is actually a one year deal. He is due an 8 million dollar bonus next march. Which he will not see. Of course he still might cut before that if he takes another step in the substance abuse program of the NFL.
    Stallworth will receive an initial signing bonus of $1 million, a roster bonus of $1.6 million and a $300,000 workout bonus, to go along with his 2007 base salary of $700,000. That totals $3.6 million for the coming season.

It's after the 2007 season, however, when the really big money could potentially kick in.

For the Patriots to retain Stallworth for the 2008 season, they must pay him an option bonus of $6 million by Feb. 25, 2008. There is a subsequent roster bonus of $2 million due on March 1, a second roster bonus of $1.6 million based on playing time, a base salary of $1 million and a $400,000 workout bonus. That totals an exorbitant $11 million for 2008, or a two-year total of $14.6 million.

To keep Stallworth for 2009, the Patriots would have to pay another option bonus, this one of $2 million, by Feb. 25 of that year. In terms of bonuses and base salary, the 2009 season would be worth $5 million to Stallworth, for a three-year total of $19.6 million.

The final three seasons of the contract all include workout bonuses of $500,000 each and base salaries of $4 million each. The maximum value of the contract, if the Patriots were to keep Stallworth for all six years, is $33.1 million.

An initial report on ESPN.com saying the deal was worth a guaranteed $12 million was later clarified by a source, who said the deal -- which only guarantees one year -- gives Stallworth and the Patriots flexibility.

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Waterboy
    this is bad news for every team!

That sucks But at least he'll be a good fantasy player

My Mood
    Angry
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Except when Donte (pulled hamstring) Stallworth pull his hamstring again then he will be no good for the Pats anyway.lol
    Stallworth does have a rep for being injured a lot and like K Train pointed out he also drops the football quite a bit as well so I don't think this is a huge move by New England.

I wonder if the Pats are giving up on Chad Jackson already??

Thread Information