Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Hines, Troy and Faneca!

Bookmark and Share

Trade Hines, Troy and Faneca!

hear me out.

-faneca to arizona for their 1st and 2nd
    -polamalu to dallas for their 1st and next years 1st
    -hines to san fransisco for this years 1st and next years 3rd

we would have tons of cap room going into the future and tons of high draft picks to rebuild.

sound absurd? cowboys traded their only good player (herschel walker)

patriots traded drew bledsoe (#1 overall pick and franchise qb) plus they traded their #1 pick with the ravens so they could move up and take boller.

im not sure of the trade market value of these players but seattle made the bonehead move of tradin their 1st for a wr who is a #2 at best. im sure we could find a few suckers out there (detroit?)

you all know what dallas and the patriots did with their moves? win 3 of 4 superbowls.

so whats more important? winning superbowls or keeping players we are sentimentally attached to?
    Last edited by tony hipchest; 03-10-2007 at 05:02 PM.

I could see trading one of them, but not all three...

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
    hear me out.

-faneca to arizona for their 1st and 2nd
    -polamalu to dallas for their 1st and next years 1st
    -hines to san fransisco for this years 1st and next years 3rd

we would have tons of cap room going into the future and tons of high draft picks to rebuild.

sound absurd? cowboys traded their only good player (herschel walker)

patriots traded drew bledsoe (#1 overall pick and franchise qb) plus they traded their #1 pick with the ravens so they could move up and take boller.

im not sure of the trade market value of these players but seattle made the bonehead move of tradin their 1st for a wr who is a #2 at best. im sure we could find a few suckers out there (detroit?)

you all know what dallas and the patriots did with their moves? win 3 of 4 superbowls.

so whats more important? winning superbowls or keeping players we are sentimentally attached to?
    I don't think any team in their right mind would give up a first and a second for Alan Faneca. He is still a very good OG but he is aging and he isn't a LT.

I don't think any team would trade a first and a third for Hines Ward. Again he is aging and has battled some injuries the last few years.

If teams are dumb enough to give up that much for both Faneca and Ward then I'm all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by BB2W View Post
    I could see trading one of them, but not all three...
    i hear ya. i'd prefer to keep all 3 too. but then again i wouldve liked to see us retain porter and cowher (or grimm/wiz). we are clearly in a transition phase.

ward has a huge cap charge going into 08 (about 7 mil) and troy and fanecas market value is easilly 7 mil/ year. thats 21 mil (roughly 17% of out total cap devoted to 3 of 53 players) what happens when ben needs a new deal? are we gonna root for him to suck so we can get him cheaper? if we want him to do great and win superbowls we better be prepared to pay him in a few years.

what if trading hines meant being able to manuver to draft calvin johnson? in 4-5 years the steelers are better off with johnson than hines. what if trading faneca could give us levi jones?

what if keeping polamalu means we cant afford a. smith in 2 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I don't think any team in their right mind would give up a first and a second for Alan Faneca. He is still a very good OG but he is aging and he isn't a LT.

I don't think any team would trade a first and a third for Hines Ward. Again he is aging and has battled some injuries the last few years.

If teams are dumb enough to give up that much for both Faneca and Ward then I'm all for it.
    seattle gave up a FIRST for branch, when they coulda got much more productive stallworth for a 3rd. vikings and N.O. traded everything for walker, and r. williams.

theres no telling what we could do with our sb champ steeler players. i would rather atleast try and test the market than to see them just walk after this season.

i am willing to sacrifice another 8-8 year if it keeps us out of salary cap hell for the next 10 years and puts us in position to dominate the league and win 3-4 sb's in the next 10 years.

SA First Blitzburgh Blitzburgh55's Avatar
    Youre on Crack

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzburgh55 View Post
    Youre on Crack
    does that mean the rooneys are on crack too? after all, they are the ones who showed cowher, whiz, grimm, and porter the door. (not to mention rod woodson)

am i the only one who recognizes we are in a period of transition and salary cap hell is 2 years away?

does that mean the rooneys are on crack too? after all, they are the ones who showed cowher, whiz, grimm, and porter the door. (not to mention rod woodson)

am i the only one who recognizes we are in a period of transition and salary cap hell is 2 years away?
    First off Cowher left by himslef
    And Grimm was a fat *** pig

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzburgh55 View Post
    First off Cowher left by himslef
    And Grimm was a fat *** pig
    fanaca is that fat *** pigs buddy and not exactly slim himself. watch him walk through the same door cowher did, next year then.

or you can just tell me the last highest paid player at a particular position the rooneys have had.

you cant?

thats right, because the rooneys dont pay to have the highest paid player at ANY potition.

even coach.

if cowher can be replaced by a rookie, dont think that faneca cant. anyone who fails to see the obvious is on pcp.

fanaca is that fat *** pigs buddy and not exactly slim himself. watch him walk through the same door cowher did, next year then.

or you can just tell me the last highest paid player at a particular position the rooneys have had.

you cant?

thats right, because the rooneys dont pay to have the highest paid player at ANY potition.

even coach.

if cowher can be replaced by a rookie, dont think that faneca cant. anyone who fails to see the obvious is on pcp.
    Fancea is good play so was Grimm but i dont either could coach thats different

Thread Information