Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Steelers get their first FA signing..Mahan agrees to terms

http://www.pewterreport.com/articles/view/2877

By: Jim Flynn

March 10, 2007 @ 12:00pm

Tampa Bay free agent offensive lineman Sean Mahan will sign with Pittsburgh

Tampa Bay Buccaneers offensive lineman Sean Mahan agreed to terms on a contract with the Pittsburgh Steelers Saturday, PewterReport.com is reporting. Mahan, 26, started 36 career games while playing both guard positions and center for the Bucs.

Mahan, 26, has started 36 of the 57 games he’s played in since entering the NFL in 2003 as a fifth-round draft pick out of Notre Dame.

The 6-foot-3, 301-pound Mahan has proven to be a versatile player. He started all 16 games at right guard in 2005. In 2004, he started the final eight games of the season in place of injured center John Wade. Last season, Mahan started 12 of Tampa Bay’s 16 regular season games. Most of his playing time came at left guard in place of injured G Dan Buenning.

In addition to losing Mahan to the Steelers, the Bucs elected to pass on the opportunity to sign free agent centers Al Johnson and Jeremy Newberry earlier in the week. Tampa Bay has signed one offensive lineman -- tackle Luke Petitgout -- in free agency thus far.

House of Steel
    Sounds like a great signing. I am happy to hear of this. Mahan welcome to the Pittsburgh Steelers He is going to love it here.

Tha BEER Guy, Beer HEERRE
    A good young guy that can play a few positions on the line. I find nothing wrong with that!!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I like this signing since it gives another option at both OG or C. With Jeff Hartings retirement that left a the center spot open and RG has been a trouble spot with Kendall Simmons playing inconsistent the last few years.

My Mood
    Addicted
    YES!!! Good deal!!! definitely clears our OL up quite a bit. I read somewhere that he wasn't going to sign with anyone unless he starts. I like this a lot.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Gold Standard

Great signing!

What I love about this signing is the guy is so young......only 26. I have read great stuff about the guys collegiate career. Was voted as the Irish's best O-lineman a few years ago. Scouting reports say he has very quick, nimble feet. With this signing somebody else is not gonna make this team and my guess is it will be Chucki Okobi because he is the highest priced non-starter at 2.5 million. Lots of the other back-ups are getting paid like back-ups and we can afford to keep them. I still expect at least 1 offensive lineman pick in this years draft and someone else to get walking papers before the season starts. We just got younger on the offensive line and that is a good thing! I applaud the signing! I believe this move will shift our need for an OL back to day 2. Having said that here is how I feel we will draft on day 1.

1. DE/OLB
    2. RB
    3. WR

Day 2

4. OL
    5. LB
    6. CB
    7. P

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

Sounds great!... This is probabaly a Tomlin move considering his history with the Bucs.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    1. DE/OLB
    2. RB
    3. WR

Day 2

4. OL
    5. LB
    6. CB
    7. P
    I like the sound of that .....with just one signing our whole draft strategy changes quite a bit. With all the FA RB signings, the possibility of grabbing a serious RB in the draft on day 1 is looking even better. Okobi is definitely a gonner, 6 years as a backup, he should've been let go a long time ago.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Addicted
    With this signing somebody else is not gonna make this team and my guess is it will be Chucki Okobi because he is the highest priced non-starter
    Koopa is not gonna be happy with you!......lol

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelersfan View Post
    Koopa is not gonna be happy with you!......lol
    either is chuk wun

he told me to show the ppl that say he's gonna get cut this

i really don't care about him, i just like this picture
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Thread Information