Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers get their first FA signing..Mahan agrees to terms

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

A fifth-round pick by Tampa Bay out of Notre Dame in 2003, Mahan renewed acquaintances Friday with Steelers coach Mike Tomlin, who was part of the Tampa Bay coaching staff during Mahan's first three seasons in the league.

"He's a great coach. I admire him. I have a lot of respect for him," Mahan said. "I'd be here even if he wasn't here, but it's nice knowing he's here."

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Mahan played some center for the Bucs in 2004, but Gruden didn't use the shotgun back then. He didn't start implementing into his offense until recently.

Hopefully he's better in shotgun than Simmons...

SA First Blitzburgh Blitzburgh55's Avatar
    He cant be too god the Bucs Line let Simms get Killed he had to have his Splien Cleaned or something like that

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzburgh55 View Post
    He cant be too god the Bucs Line let Simms get Killed he had to have his Splien Cleaned or something like that
    Hes good otherwise we wouldn't have signed him. .....Simms got banged hard outside of the pocket, it was his own damn fault.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Addicted
    Good signing by the Steelers

Gold Standard

Most negative person on this site

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzburgh55 View Post

Are you really a Steeler fan or a closet Bengal fan? Which players do you actually like? I haven't seen you say a positive thing about any part of our team. I can't read any of your posts and see that you are a fan who is pulling for the success of our team! I believe you are a Bungal doubleagent! Probably have a closet full of Carson Palmer and Chad Johnson jerseys!
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

SA's Biggest Fan
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post
    Hes good otherwise we wouldn't have signed him. .....Simms got banged hard outside of the pocket, it was his own damn fault.
    You're right--he wasn't behind the line when that happened. I believe it was when he couldn't find a WR open and tried to run it for a few extra yards.

Whle that hit was Chris' fault, (as were a couple others in that game) I wasn't impressed with the Bucs QB protection all year--but then again, I wasn't with the STEELERS QB protection all year either lol

In fairness though, Gradkowski AND Big Ben's indecision behind the line was responsible for a lot of their sacks.

I'm sure Mike knows what this young man's capable of, so ( ) we'll see better stuff THIS season!
    Last edited by SteelersWoman; 03-10-2007 at 03:18 PM.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    Are you really a Steeler fan or a closet Bengal fan? Which players do you actually like? I haven't seen you say a positive thing about any part of our team. I can't read any of your posts and see that you are a fan who is pulling for the success of our team! I believe you are a Bungal doubleagent! Probably have a closet full of Carson Palmer and Chad Johnson jerseys!
    Funny post.

SA's Biggest Fan
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    you are a Bungal doubleagent! Probably have a closet full of Carson Palmer and Chad Johnson jerseys!
    Blitz is gonna wanna kill you when he reads this ya know... Funny though!

Gold Standard

4 teams wanted Mahan

Mahan was offered contracts by Cleveland and Seattle, but it came down to a decision between Tampa Bay and the Steelers. Mahan said on Friday that his decision wouldn't be based solely on money.

It's because he can't play that 4 teams wanted to sign him! Rumor has it they wanted him for his locker room humor! Heard he has an array of knock-knock jokes that would have you in stitches! Maybe Blitzburgh55 can learn to love him because he doesn't seem to like any of our other players.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

Thread Information