Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bar has been raised for Troy's new contract

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Bar has been raised for Troy's new contract

With the Seahawks giving Deon Grant a multi year 30 million dollar deal, the bar for Troy's new contract with us definitely went up. Polamalu is a better safety than Grant IMO and if the 'hawks were willing to pay up for him that much, then Troy's contract is going to have to be atleast comparable to that.

Now whether he'll actually ask for that munch money remains to be scene. Hines could have gotten a 40+ million dollar deal easily (and most likely a lot more) if he'd have left us but he chose to take a fair offer to stay with us which I know we all are sure glad he did. Troy will have to make the same decision soon, is he willing to take less then what somebody else will offer, just to stay with us?

Logic would tell you based on what we know about Troy that he would indeed take a fair deal like Hines did to stick around with the Black n Gold, however nobody ever saw coming or even thought Hines holding out, but he did. Sure he eventually gave in and inked his deal with us, but still, for as much as we think Troy will stay here for "x" amount of dollars, you just never know.

Personally I think whatever he asks for, we give it to him, but then again I said the same thing for Hines when it was time for him to get a new deal. Yes I think Troy is THAT important to our team.

My Mood
    Amazed

Wink

I agree, he is important to our team. I read somewhere on the internet, about 1 year ago, that Troy's wife wants to return to california as she has family there.

God Forbid!~
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerlyn View Post
    I agree, he is important to our team. I read somewhere on the internet, about 1 year ago, that Troy's wife wants to return to california as she has family there.

God Forbid!~
    Let his wife return, Troy needs to stay here! He has been the anchor of that defense for the last several years.

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die."

Originally from Johnstown, PA...now trapped in Bungleland
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelerlyn View Post

God Forbid!~
    He makes enough money for her to be able to visit....alot! We need Troy here!

House of Steel
    This whole thing about Polamalu is worrying me, but I have confidence in the Rooneys, they won't let him slip away from their grips. Troy is too valuable to lose.

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Theres a rumor going around other players agents that Polamalu's agent Marvin Demoff wants 1 dollar more then Ed Reeds 6 year 45 million (15 million signing bonus) contract. Polamalu is definitely worth it, especially considering how good he is no matter what scheme we play.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    As tight as the Rooneys are with their money, this is 1 dude that they need to open up the dusty checkbook for, blow out the cobwebs from the safe and give the dude what he's worth based on what everyone else in the league is getting and the fact that he's better than them.

Then again like I mentioned before, I said the same thing about Hines....

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    As tight as the Rooneys are with their money, this is 1 dude that they need to open up the dusty checkbook for, blow out the cobwebs from the safe and give the dude what he's worth based on what everyone else in the league is getting and the fact that he's better than them.

Then again like I mentioned before, I said the same thing about Hines....
    I don't think the Rooneys are tight with their money as much as they are smart, shrewd business people. It would be easy to run the Steelers with their hearts like us fans would do, resigning all the "fan favorites" cuz they've grown to love them and don't want to see them leave, despite the fact that their talents have gone south. I believe the Rooneys know what they have with Troy and they'll do whatever it takes to resign him.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

It seems like other teams throw the bank at anyone with a pulse... It is gonna make it hard for the Steelers to sign their elite players when they are up for a new contract.

House of Steel
    I am going to give the Rooneys a benefit of a doubt with Troy, I think they can swing enough to keep Troy long-term, this is going to be a true test.

Thread Information