Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adam Carriker: Steelers like em a lot!

Bookmark and Share
    Gold Standard

Adam Carriker: Steelers like em a lot!

Here is the link to the article at SteelCityInsider.com

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=68&p=2&c=624933

Hopefully you can get to the article. This is a pay site. Sometimes pasting the links work and sometimes they ask for login and password. The above link is to the Adam Carriker article and there is another article about an OL we are looking at as a possible center. Will paste that link below. Hopefully you will be able to view the articles!

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=68&p=2&c=624927
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

i would actually be furious

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    same here, and i'd be hoping for a complete bust and a complete bust from everyone else in the draft, he does not help us at all
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Gold Standard

were you able to read the whole article from the link?

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    For some reason I am not able to click and drag to highlight the whole article and copy/paste it! Article says if he falls to us he's a Steeler! They (Steelers management love this guy) so it says in the article! Says if we picked him they would move Brett Kiesel back to outside linebacker taking Porters old spot. Article also says that the Niners and Falcons are also very interested so they don't think he'll fall to us. Steelers feel that if Kiesel drops some weight he could be like an Adalius Thomas or a Willie McGuinnest! Don't shoot the messenger guys!

The other article says we are looking at Sean Mahan from the Bucs to bring in as a Center. He has played most of his career at guard for Tampa Bay. Says he is 6'3 301 lbs. and is quick and agile. Played his college ball at Notre Dame. Will keep you posted!

Guess Jim Wexell is tired of people sharing his articles from a pay site!
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

still i'd be pissed, hes not what i want or what i think we need

House of Steel
    That is nuts.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    i think keisel would make a horrible OLB, he needs to stay where he's at, and we need to draft spencer
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    For some reason I am not able to click and drag to highlight the whole article and copy/paste it! Article says if he falls to us he's a Steeler! They (Steelers management love this guy) so it says in the article! Says if we picked him they would move Brett Kiesel back to outside linebacker taking Porters old spot. Article also says that the Niners and Falcons are also very interested so they don't think he'll fall to us. Steelers feel that if Kiesel drops some weight he could be like an Adalius Thomas or a Willie McGuinnest! Don't shoot the messenger guys!

The other article says we are looking at Sean Mahan from the Bucs to bring in as a Center. He has played most of his career at guard for Tampa Bay. Says he is 6'3 301 lbs. and is quick and agile. Played his college ball at Notre Dame. Will keep you posted!

Guess Jim Wexell is tired of people sharing his articles from a pay site!
    They were also saying Keisel prefers to play at a lighter weight and that he impressed the Steelers with his quickness. Hes got the attitude of a LB and his type of attitude doesn't come around to often. Talkin about Carriker, 6'6" 296 lbs who can easily drop or gain back 10-15 lbs. was used primarily as a 2 gap DL who took up either 2 gaps or 2 OL, he didn't have the oppurtunity to pass rush that much cuz thats not what Nebraska was wanting from him. He still finished the season with 7 sacks and put on a pretty good show at the Senior bowl. Here are some more stats. Carriker ran a 4.85-40 with a 4.18 shuttle time (he slipped and fell so he's a little quicker). Smith at 6'5" 279lbs. ran a 5.04-40. Smith benched (at his combine) 225lbs. 19 times, Carriker lifted 225lbs. 33 times. When asked if he had a preference between playing in a 3-4 or a 4-3 he said it doesn't matter its whatever the team wants him to play.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr
    The other article says we are looking at Sean Mahan from the Bucs to bring in as a Center. He has played most of his career at guard for Tampa Bay. Says he is 6'3 301 lbs. and is quick and agile. Played his college ball at Notre Dame.
    Our new OL coach Zierlein says he knows a lot about this Mahan guy. Tomlin might know a little about him also since he was defensive assistant in 2005 with TB. Hes only 27 and with his quickness and agility he might be a good fit as center.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Gold Standard

Spencer is probably who we end up with

Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    i think keisel would make a horrible OLB, he needs to stay where he's at, and we need to draft spencer
    But you should not get your heart set on any one player because anything is possible on draft day! I was against drafting Carriker too but only because of the glaring need at OLB. If the Steelers think that Kiesel would make an excellent OLB than who am I to disagree? Article said that he prefers to play lighter but gained weight to play DE. I don't think that it is such a bad idea. And Carriker is a beast! If they did this I wouldn't be surprised if they took another linebacker somewhere in this draft to add more depth at the position. James Harrison wouldn't like this move because that would leave him odd man out again unless he could take Haggans job. Haggans must be better than I thought because he is going to make 4 mil this year (only 1 mil less than Porter) and it appears that his job is secure at this point. I can't see them keeping him if they didn't expect him to keep that job! If the Falcons (just lost Kearney) or 49ers draft Carriker ahead of us the whole idea is out the window anyway.

Unlike Koopa, no matter what they do I will still root for my team like a rabid dog and under NO circumstances will I ever root for a player wearing black and gold to fail! (although I admit to hoping for a Joe Theismann like injury for Kordell when he was playing ) Only because it appeared that regardless of how bad he stunk up the field it appeared that his job was never in jeopardy!
    Last edited by BlackGold4vr; 03-08-2007 at 10:33 AM.

Thread Information