Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sign Stokely?

Bookmark and Share
    Gotta agree with pretty much everyone else We really don't need an injury prone wr Besides that's not the position we have ant imediate need

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    Steve Smith is a Hines Ward kind of receiver. Blue collar possession receiver with great hands! His 40 times weren't too bad either with a 4.37 and a 4.35!
    He is listed at 5'11 197 lbs. Draft boards have him going somewhere between the 6th and 7th rounds. We want this guy! I have also seen some scout experts say that this guy is a Pittsburgh Steeler type of receiver. Not exactly sure what that means but I will take that as a compliment! The last WR we drafted out of USC worked out pretty good for us.....Lynn Swann!

RECEIVING
    Player GP REC REYD REYR RETD
    Steve Smith 13 71 1083 15.3 9
    Dwayne Jarrett 12 69 978 14.2 12

Ive heard that phrase get thrown around a lot over the years during draft time. A Steeler type receiver is one of those guys that's tough, has good hands, isn't afraid to go across the middle and take a hit, a guy that's got character and good influence in the locker room. Basically a Hines Ward

I like having those types of guys on our team, but Im also glad we when we a guy like Santonio who can stretch the field and burn em with their speed.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I say no to Brandon Stokley. He is hurt all the time. I wouldn't waste the money on him. Let the young WR's like Washington, Holmes, Reid continue to grow. Plus add a WR in the draft on the second day.

Lol, if we draft Steve Smith, I'm going to hate having to clarify whether I'm talking about him, or Steve Smith from the Panthers.
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

stokely is a bitch, not to mention hes broken......also he used to be a rat didnt he? i guess mabey for depth but the only upside would be he played in the colts system so hes probably a good route runner....he did have over 10 TDs the other year.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Somebody will over pay for him Im sure, they always do.

Gold Standard

I wouldn't mind having that problem!

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFan87 View Post
    Lol, if we draft Steve Smith, I'm going to hate having to clarify whether I'm talking about him, or Steve Smith from the Panthers.

Living out here in SoCal I get to watch a lot more USC football than any other college team. Steve Smith would be an excellent WR for us! He could be our next Hines Ward! I don't know why he is getting such a low ranking. He had a better year than Jarrett. If we are lucky enough to get him you will like how he plays.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

Thread Information