Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sign Stokely?

Bookmark and Share

Sign Stokely?

The Colts released Brandon Stokely. What do you guys think, should we sign him? He's a more than capable #3 guy with the possibility of being a very good #3 guy. Hines would be #1, Santonio would be #2, and Stokely would provide a more reliable #3 than Nate Washington and add to our depth at the position.
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    doesn't he break easily??? nate washington is still gonna be good, last year was pretty much his rookie year, he's gonna be better this year
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    doesn't he break easily??? nate washington is still gonna be good, last year was pretty much his rookie year, he's gonna be better this year
    Yeah, he's had injury problems. But I think what he brings to the table outweighs the injury problems enough to make him worth signing. At the right price, of course.

i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

we dont need him altough the colts got good recivers we as the steelers do not need him we got wasingtion and ward. who eles do we need. we need to stop worrying about stuiped little players and worry about the ones we really need. . someone to take jokes place and we need to get some new freash meat in the o-line. cause our o-line this year plan out had a bad year ben got hammerd during the first ravens game is.. it was the most sacks in NFL history during that game so if that dont tell you what we need then i dont know what to say.!

I like Stokley, but I really think Nate is going to step up. Koopas right...last year was basically his rookie season (he barely got any time the year before - and when he did, he stepped up big). He has a lot of potential and I would like to see the Steelers stick with him!

sig made by K Train....Thank you!

Ok, how about as a replacement for Cedrick Wilson then?

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFan87 View Post
    Ok, how about as a replacement for Cedrick Wilson then?
    nooo i mean whats the point of that its pointless bro. we wast cap on him may not be alot may be idk what he runs. but its pointless. we need to get what we really need and thats freash meat at o-line. our o-line is due to retire atleast the key players. are. we need to get some players in there to fill the spot. Wad , Nate , and Ced. thats 3 right there that will be with the steelers for atleast 2 more years easy. longer for ward.! its makeing me wonder man. why do you want him so bad anyways?

I agree WR is not really a need right now. We have many other things to take care of...

sig made by K Train....Thank you!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    No to Stokley, we have a WR corp full of smurfs as it is. He's a good possession receiver and he was pretty successful with Manning but we've got 2 good starters so I'd rather see what Nate & Willie Reid can do.

Gold Standard

Plus we're going to draft Steve Smith from USC

Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    No to Stokley, we have a WR corp full of smurfs as it is. He's a good possession receiver and he was pretty successful with Manning but we've got 2 good starters so I'd rather see what Nate & Willie Reid can do.
    Steve Smith is a Hines Ward kind of receiver. Blue collar possession receiver with great hands! His 40 times weren't too bad either with a 4.37 and a 4.35!
    He is listed at 5'11 197 lbs. Draft boards have him going somewhere between the 6th and 7th rounds. We want this guy! I have also seen some scout experts say that this guy is a Pittsburgh Steeler type of receiver. Not exactly sure what that means but I will take that as a compliment! The last WR we drafted out of USC worked out pretty good for us.....Lynn Swann!

RECEIVING
    Player GP REC REYD REYR RETD
    Steve Smith 13 71 1083 15.3 9
    Dwayne Jarrett 12 69 978 14.2 12
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

Thread Information