Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who is nervous about 2007?

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Captcoolhand View Post
    I don't care if the steelers end in last place I will always be a fan.The only one that would have to worry beyond that is Tomlin
    Exactly the Steelers could go 0-16 next year but they will still be my team. I might bitch alot about that 0-16 record but they still will remain number 1 to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Exactly the Steelers could go 0-16 next year but they will still be my team. I might bitch alot about that 0-16 record but they still will remain number 1 to me.
    I'm the same way My brother ask me one time,why don't you get another team I told him I'll stick with my team through thick & thin !
    He's had 3 teams in 4 years
    STEELER for life

Quote Originally Posted by BLITZBURGH NATION View Post
    I wouldn't say i'm nervous more like anxious
    Same. Well, actually I'm pretty excited to see what he can bring. I am not nervous at all. I don't think any member of the steeler nation should be nervous (but there are plenty of us that are). I think this an exciting new turn in the organization.

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die."

Quote Originally Posted by BLITZBURGH NATION View Post
    I'm the same way My brother ask me one time,why don't you get another team I told him I'll stick with my team through thick & thin !
    He's had 3 teams in 4 years
    STEELER for life
    WOW, your brother is a bit of a bandwagender . I would never think for one second of supporting another thing. I got the Steelers embeded in my blood and like oyu said will stay with them through think and thin. I didn't think for a second of changing teams in '03 when we sucked or form '89-'00 when we were mediocre. I can't imagine that this team will have a losing record next year. I deffanitly don't see them going 0-16. This is a playoff team that has an inexperienced head coach. But what the hell, Tomlin might suprise a few people. I mean, so far, he has done nothing but keep his nose clean. He has said all the right things. I think we will be fine.

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die."

My Mood
    Addicted
    I'm excited! Ready to go! Let's get the season rolling all ready!!!! I don't care if the local High School team was playing for the Steelers! I'm always excited about a new season!!

I'm really excited this year with a new coach! Nervous? Nope. I think despite our holes we need to fill we still have a very good team. And who knows, maybe playing that hybrid D with be something special!

On with the season already!......lol

My Mood
    Angry
    Although Tomlin has said all the right things so far I really hope he actually realizes and understands the Pittsburgh Steelers tradition and the brand of physical football that the fans of the Steelers have come to expect over the years.
    My biggest fear is that he'll try and turn this team into a "Tippy-Tap" finesse organization and the Steelers will end up having an identity crisis under Tomlin.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    That's the key to it all right there. Tomlin has said everything right so far but there is concern among the team or atleast some of the team that he will need to deal with and convince these players to buy into what he's selling.

If he can do that, we'll be kickin *** and takin names, but if he can't do that effectively early on we could struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by BB2W View Post
    I'm nervous, but I'm always nervous when it comes to the Steelers. It's sad, but there success has an impact on my life, and happiness. I got a lot riding on each snap...

Obviously, we are seeing more changes this year than in the past and there are a lot more unanswered questions going into the season. As much as I love what the Steelers have been the last decade and a half... I think a change was due. I normally don't like much change, but I have a good feeling about this.

Maybe instead of one Superbowl in 15 years... we can win two, or three.
    I couldn't agree with your post more. No one can understand why the Steelers have such an impact on my life, but when you love them as much as I love the Steelers, it's hard not to let your emotions affect how happy you are or sad you are. I have grown up loving the Steelers and Cowher, but I too, feel like it is time for a change and I am so excited to see Tomlin in action. I know there are a lot of ? this year, but I think the team will somehow come together. I truely believe they will fill the void of losing Joey and somehow make this season a sucessful one. I have to have faith in the Rooney's and thier decisions and I really like Tomlin and think he is a very capable coach. I'm excited to see what he brings to the table. (However, I'm nervous...but every off season I am...so that's not saying much!!!)

sig made by K Train....Thank you!

Im not i belive that the steelers if they put thier hearts into it like ever year we could and should go 12-4. but then again thats just my and who knows. all i know is im tired about reading about we need to draft a WR ? thats pointless. im not trying to bash anyone but i mean. why a WR we are perfect we got Nate and Ward. ..

Quote Originally Posted by BB2W View Post
    I'm nervous, but I'm always nervous when it comes to the Steelers. It's sad, but there success has an impact on my life, and happiness. I got a lot riding on each snap...

Obviously, we are seeing more changes this year than in the past and there are a lot more unanswered questions going into the season. As much as I love what the Steelers have been the last decade and a half... I think a change was due. I normally don't like much change, but I have a good feeling about this.

Maybe instead of one Superbowl in 15 years... we can win two, or three.
    i like your philosophy . football has become my life. i have cried during games, screamed during games, thrown my sister in the snow over a game. Steeelrs footall is a part of me, and i guess that is bad.. and good. i am nervous, but in a good way! i hope we can see that 6th 7th, and 8th lombardi soon. lets bring it back home!
    black and gold born, black and gold bred
    when i die, i will be black and gold dead

thanks HOS for the sig!

Thread Information