Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Steelers look for Porter's replacement

Bookmark and Share
    and with a new coach it shouldnt happen like that

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    This draft is so very important it's just amazing. Every draft is important to our growth and continued ability to be competitive, but this year with us being thin at LB and needing OL help we need to be right on with every day 1 pick and as many day 2 picks as possible. We can't afford to pick up 5 day 2 picks and then cut them all before the season starts again.
    Well I'm confident that Tomlin won't waste any picks. Not to say Cowher wasted them. But Bill Cowher seemed to like taking projects late in the draft the last few years instead of looking for players that could contribute on special teams or as backups. The Steelers can't do that anymore. Hopefully the Steelers pick up a few extra picks since they lost El, Kimo and Chris Hope in free agency last year. Just make all the draft picks count and I will be happy.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    why do ppl bring up Alonzo Jackson??? he was a second round draft pick....were y'all expecting god????

lets just draft moss, let him learn a year and let harrison step up and finally get a real chance to produce, let haggans walk and we'll be set in 08

i doubt we win it all next year anyway.........
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

how about **** haggans, let harrison and moss/spencer play

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    why do ppl bring up Alonzo Jackson??? he was a second round draft pick....were y'all expecting god????

lets just draft moss, let him learn a year and let harrison step up and finally get a real chance to produce, let haggans walk and we'll be set in 08

Dude, a 2nd round pick is supposed to be able to contribute in a big way, many 2nd round picks are 1st round picks on some teams draft boards. We blew a high draft pick on the guy who was a complete bust. You can't have 2nd round picks flopping like that.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Dude, a 2nd round pick is supposed to be able to contribute in a big way, many 2nd round picks are 1st round picks on some teams draft boards. We blew a high draft pick on the guy who was a complete bust. You can't have 2nd round picks flopping like that.
    well when you have cowher picking you should expect it remember coc??? lol
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post

No we were not expecting God but hello Koopa.

Greg Lloyd was a 6th
    Chad Brown was a 2nd
    Jason Gildon was a 3rd
    Joey Porter was a 4th

All those players developed into very good OLB for the Steelers. So we just expected Alonzo Jackson to be the next one of those. You don't hit on them all. But Tomlin/Colbert have to hit a homerun on Moss/Spencer or whoever if they want to run the 3-4. The LB's make the defense work. True the Dline is very important also in a 3-4 but the LB's make the 3-4 defense dominant.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    All those players developed into very good OLB for the Steelers. So we just expected Alonzo Jackson to be the next one of those. You don't hit on them all. But Tomlin/Colbert have to hit a homerun on Moss/Spencer or whoever if they want to run the 3-4. The LB's make the defense work. True the Dline is very important also in a 3-4 but the LB's make the 3-4 defense dominant.
    With this team a bit on the edge right now and going through changes already, we can't afford to miss on our top picks on day 1. The draft is all a crap shoot but we need to get ourselves the best shot at a sure thing in each round as possible.

Thread Information