Serious students of Steelers football already know the team will stick with its 3-4 base defense, so our odds reflect that interest. Here are our first-round odds as we begin our 2007 draft series:
* At 25-1, Auburn guard Ben Grubbs.
* At 20-1, Cal running back Marshawn Lynch.
* At 15-1, LSU receiver, Dwayne Bowe.
* At 12-1, cornerbacks Leon Hall and Darrelle Revis.
* At 10-1, linebackers Lawrence Timmons and Patrick Willis.
Now, the 3-4 defenders:
* Aaron Smith clone Adam Carriker is 6-1.
* Florida pass-rusher Jarvis Moss is 5-1.
* And Purdue tweener Anthony Spencer is our early morning favorite at 4-1.
This is just an outline. We’ll narrow the list as we go along. Tomorrow, we’ll begin to explain these opening odds.