Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: No one likes Haynes

Bookmark and Share
    to say keeping dookie over haynes because of 1 being injured and one being healthy, or one being a million dollars cheaper is correct.

but to say haynes had turnover problems or never converted 1st downs cause he was only given draw plays on 3rd and 15, is totally incorrect.

nothing wrong with sticking to the FACTS right?

Quote Originally Posted by Stillers#1 View Post
    This is rippin out my soul to say this (b/c I'm agreeing with K-Train), but Brian Leonard does sound like a good fit.
    both he or a player like a. gonzalez would be a great fit with the steelers 3rd round pick. but with all things being equal, you gotta think who they will replace and which will help us most salary cap wise.

leonard replacing our #2 rb, or gonzalez replacing hines ward and his HUGE cap hit.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I like both Leonard and Gonzalez. Question would both be there in the 3rd round by the time the Steelers pick? I don't think Leonard lasts until the 3rd. There is a good chance as well that Gonzalez goes in the 2nd as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I like both Leonard and Gonzalez. Question would both be there in the 3rd round by the time the Steelers pick? I don't think Leonard lasts until the 3rd. There is a good chance as well that Gonzalez goes in the 2nd as well.
    if leonard doesnt last until the 3rd round, then someone is reaching. theres nothing wrong with reaching if youre right.

but if he were capable of stepping in and being a jerome bettis type back you would think he wouldve played for a major program (notre dame) and be a lock as a 1st round back like bettis.

from an economical standpoint, for the steelers, gonzalez would probably be a more valuable pick in round 3.

when drafting, colbert and tomlin have got to think who the pick can replace and what type of $$$ that will save in the future.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    but if he were capable of stepping in and being a jerome bettis type back you would think he wouldve played for a major program (notre dame) and be a lock as a 1st round back like bettis
    Not always though, the Steelers are never afraid to look at guys who don't go to a "major" program and see how they can contribute. Whether or not they always work out is certainly up for debate but as many scouts as we have looking all over the country Im never surprised seeing us take guys from smaller schools.

Quote Originally Posted by Stillers#1 View Post
    This is rippin out my soul to say this (b/c I'm agreeing with K-Train), but Brian Leonard does sound like a good fit.
    i dont know how i missed this

do we disagree on alot? lol

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    maybe he's just hung up on your idea of taking a punter in the first round or something

Nobody likes Haynes? Fine, I'll make a thread about him. Haynes or Hayes or whatever the announcers think his name is was cool.
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

I thought they were trying to resign him for less money. That's been all the talk that I have heard anyways. I have a feeling the Steelers are going to get what they want.

sig made by K Train....Thank you!

Thread Information