Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: No one likes Haynes

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Parkers main deal this year is to hold onto the damn ball. He's got the running between the tackles down alot more than he did 2 years ago and he's learning how and when to use his speed when following his blockers but he's got eat, sleep, and breathe holding onto that football.

Jerome rarely fumbled, but he did on occasion and usually at the worst times; if Willie can have a career where he fumbles as little as Jerome did overall, I'll be quite happy.
    Dude there was one year were the Bus did fumble 7 times. I don't remember the year off hand but I do remember he had a year where he had the case of the fumbles. The more experience Willie gains the more he will learn to hold onto the ball.

I never liked Haynes, he was a weak runner, injury prone, and a fumbling machine. Let him go, the Steelers can make better use of the money and roster spot.

BuFu

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Just to throw this out there. Jerome Bettis in his first two years with the Steelers fumbled 13 times and lost 10 of them.

96 he fumbled 7 times and lost 4
    97 he fumbled 6 times and lost all 6

After those first two years though Bettis did improve his ball carrying so I'm sure with experience Willie will do the same.
    Last edited by Black@Gold Forever32; 03-02-2007 at 09:43 PM.

off topic:

you know what i love about willie? i love the way he ALWAYS cuts back inside to get more yards instead of going out of bounds.....I notice he does that all the time and its great

w. parker > tiki barber. i'll take that for a cheap, undrafted player, if thats what "over rated" means.

as for haynes "fumbling problems" i dare anyone to name a critical mistake he had in a game w/o looking it up (there havent been that many).

everybody just really remembers his last game against cinci.

thats ok though. theres not a single steelers player out there that some steelerfan somewhere doesnt think sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
    as for haynes "fumbling problems" i dare anyone to name a critical mistake he had in a game w/o looking it up
    haha last year, first game against cincy, at pittsburgh, week 3....Carson Palmer just threw 2 come from behind TD to the douchmanzada. We get the ball back following cocloughs devestating muffed punt....haynes gets the first carry and fumbles...carson throws a TD and takes the lead, we lost that game.

I blame coc face more, but hayne had an opportunity and failed

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    haha last year, first game against cincy, at pittsburgh, week 3....Carson Palmer just threw 2 come from behind TD to the douchmanzada. We get the ball back following cocloughs devestating muffed punt....haynes gets the first carry and fumbles...carson throws a TD and takes the lead, we lost that game.

I blame coc face more, but hayne had an opportunity and failed
    you might want to re-read my post:

everybody just really remembers his last game against cinci.

lol missed that part

but still he wasnt impressive last year when his role was increased, he wasnt impressive in camp, he was a ST contibutor and thats it....he can go sign with the pats or browns with the rest of our outcasts

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Dude there was one year were the Bus did fumble 7 times. I don't remember the year off hand but I do remember he had a year where he had the case of the fumbles. The more experience Willie gains the more he will learn to hold onto the ball.
    1996, the Bus had 7 fumbles, I remember it well thinking OMG does this guy have butter fingers or what in 1997 he had 6 fumbles too then he got back to holding onto the ball better.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/2354/career

Willie is far from being considered a tiki barber early in his career with all the fumbles, but the sooner he gets that fumbleitis under control, the better

Thread Information