Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AZ Cardinals - Post Season Threat?

Bookmark and Share

AZ Cardinals - Post Season Threat?

I see there are a few Steeler fans from AZ on this board and I am curious to get some 3rd party opinions on the Cards.

A lot of people feel like they are prime to be most improved in the NFC this year. Then I hear others saying they don't think they will be all that better.

Seems a lot of people are hoping that the Edge will put them in the hunt for the playoffs. I don't remember being all that impressed by the AZ O-Line last year though. I am curious to see if he will put up the same numbers with a different line and facing defenses that whose game plan will now be more focused on him than the QB.

Anyway, whats your take?

SA's #1 James Farrior Fan PITT23's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk Believer
    I don't remember being all that impressed by the AZ O-Line last year though.
    From what i've seen, thats going to be their biggest weakness.
    :: Whoa, where the hell was I for 2 years?::

My Mood
    Addicted
    I don't see how teams could or would want to single out "Edge". Not with the WR's the Cards have. I think the Cards could be a playoff team this year but a lot of that will depend on the o-line and how well the D plays. Edge will help the O be more balanced during the season though.

The Cardinals... what do you say about the Cardinals... The Cardinal is the state bird of Ohio!!

Actually, with all honesty, every year the Cardinals are suppose to be the surprise team of the NFC and will make a push for the playoffs... people in AZ don't hold their breath anymore because the Cardinals season predication sounds like a broken record!

IMO, based on the amount of time the Cardinals D spent on the field last year they aren't all that bad. Statistically, based on overall rankings, the Cardinals D finished 12the in the league which is saying something about their defense. Given the offense couldn't run the ball to save their lives, this kept the defense on the field for what seemed like forever. So... if the offense can get the running game going, actually let me rephrase that, if the offensive line can put a body on somebody and open some holes up for Edge, this will help keep the D off the field and will show everyone just how good the D really is.

The biggest factor for the Cardinals is going to be the QB! Warner cannot throw the ball, he hasn't been able to throw the ball now for like 3 years! Every pass is a dead duck and looks like the perfect dive bomb. Now when he can actually get a decent spiral, then he is either high or behind the receiver; it seems like he never gets the ball between the numbers??? Their receivers are awesome and I can't think of better core in the league. They have a 3rd receiver that is starting to make some noise as well this preseason, I think his name is Johnson?? (not sure).

Three things need to happen for the Cardinals to turn it around:
    1. O-line needs to step up and get the running game going
    2. Warner needs to attend Big Ben's QB camp and get some pointers on throwing the ball
    3. Defense needs to keep their head up if the offense can't produce

I personally feel this D can be like the Baltimore D when they won the Super Bowl. I know, I know that's going way out their on a limb, but the D is fast and can get to the ball and showed last year they have what it takes they just need some help from their offense!

With all that, will the Cardinals make the playoffs???? Based on tradition alone, I would say no. However, if the 3 things I listed do happen I think we all will see the Cardinals making some noise this post season! Plus, they are in the NFC so it doesn't take much to make it to the playoffs
    Last edited by AZ_Steeler; 08-23-2006 at 01:11 AM.

Do you think the Cardinals are better than the Rams?

SA First Blitzburgh Blitzburgh55's Avatar
    Yes the cards will win the division becuze the Hawks lost the super and they have someone on the cover of madden you saw what happen to the eagles the last like six years the teams that lost the SB dont make the playoffs the next year

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzburgh55
    Yes the cards will win the division becuze the Hawks lost the super and they have someone on the cover of madden you saw what happen to the eagles the last like six years the teams that lost the SB dont make the playoffs the next year
    Our motto is Remember the Titans! They were the last team that didn't satisfy Superbowl Loser Jinx criteria. But I wonder if McNair was on the cover of Madden that year too?

My Mood
    Addicted
    I think the Cards have a better team on paper than the Rams. Now they have to show they can play up to the potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk Believer
    Do you think the Cardinals are better than the Rams?
    Steelersfan answered this the best! They look good on paper but it's going to come down to the QB and O-Line.

No O-Line = No Playoffs... The balance will help but it will not get them past the Seahawks. 2nd place is the ceiling and beating out the Rams is iffy. Go Bulger! Maybey now the Rams can win since they dont throw every down.
    "Racing doesn't teach a lesson. Nor do most racers. Many of them can't even tell you why they're in the cockpit. They don't know. Racing isn't what they do. It's who they are."

R.I.P. Dan Wheldon

Thread Information