Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers tender offer to Max Starks

Bookmark and Share
    Gold Standard

Steelers tender offer to Max Starks

By making the tenders to Starks and St. Pierre, the Steelers reserve the right to retain the players by matching any offer sheets they would sign with another team. Starks and St. Pierre could also remain with the Steelers by signing their tender offer for 2007 or by signing a long-term contract with the team.

Starks will enter his fourth NFL season in 2007 after being drafted by the Steelers in the third round (75th overall) of the 2004 NFL Draft. He has started 30 career games after becoming a full-time starter in 2005. He helped Pittsburgh rank third in the AFC in 2006 in total yards per game (357.8) and aided in Willie Parker's team-record rushing performance (233 rushing yards) in a win over Cleveland in Week 14.

By tendering an offer to Max Starks, we at least guarantee that if another team wants to outbid us for him we would get their 1st round pick! I just don't think that will happen which is good for us! We need to keep Starks and draft a day 1 O-lineman to add depth and give us some options if someone gets hurt or isn't playing very well! Happy about this move!
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

its a good move for depth reasons....mabey Grimm will want him so bad we can get there first round pick and get Adams! lol

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    By tendering an offer to Max Starks, we at least guarantee that if another team wants to outbid us for him we would get their 1st round pick! I just don't think that will happen which is good for us! We need to keep Starks and draft a day 1 O-lineman to add depth and give us some options if someone gets hurt or isn't playing very well! Happy about this move!
    I agree. The Steelers don't have alot of NFL experience at OT besides Marvel Smith. So keeping Starks was a no brainer to me. Plus he is still young and can develop into a really good RT.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post

I can't see a team giving up their first round pick for him so he should be back with us in 2007 which will really help us in the depth dept and give him a shot to redeem himself in 2008. I really like his upside and he's got alot of talent, but the dude has to get meaner and play with a chip on his shoulder and he could be unstoppable.

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    its a good move for depth reasons....mabey Grimm will want him so bad we can get there first round pick and get Adams! lol
    lol I think your dreaming bud. But you know what its a good dream.lol

Gold Standard

That would rock!

Never gonna happen.......but its nice to dream!
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

its an amazing one....tell me that wouldnt be worth it? it could happen....mabey grimm and starks are gay with each other and we would just be renuniting them lol

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    its an amazing one....tell me that wouldnt be worth it? it could happen....mabey grimm and starks are gay with each other and we would just be renuniting them lol

Still I don't know if Whiz would be stupid enough to give up a first for Max Starks. I know he needs Oline help but he isn't that desperate.

Gold Standard

Simmons to center...Colon at RG

Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    I really like his upside and he's got alot of talent, but the dude has to get meaner and play with a chip on his shoulder and he could be unstoppable.

Move Kendal and start Willie Colon at RG! Maybe playing next to a pissed off guy from the Bronx can rub off on Maxi!

hes as strong as a ****ing ox....but hes got the mentality of a teddy bear..theres no reason with his size and strength why he shouldnt be great

Thread Information