Thread: John Kuhn could be your new short yardage back...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    jaguars-hater

John Kuhn could be your new short yardage back...

Im not saying this jokingly either this could actually happen where Kuhn can make this team over Duce. I think at this point based on the way both guys have ran and played thus far in 2 games you keep Kuhn and cut Duce. One your going to save a lot of salary if you let Duce go one year earlier then next year when you do it for sure. Second, Kuhn has been on the practice squad all last year and knows the offense and has practiced with the team quite often and has a ring. He is a lot younger and cheaper then Duce at this point and from what I have seen so far he has been a lot better. I still think you make Haynes the 3rd and short yardage back if you cut Duce, but it should still not excuse the fact that right now based on play in these first 2 games that John Kuhn has played and ran much better then Duce Staley. And right now he looks like a much better option in all areas then Duce is. Duce to me right now looks like a guy who doesnt care anymore and doesnt even want to be here. I think if he doesnt show something in these next 2 games he could be in trouble. Will just have to wait and see.

SA's #1 James Farrior Fan PITT23's Avatar
    I can see that happening because I feel you either need Haynes or Duce and the easy choice right now is Duce. I dont know much about Kuhn but it seems like he wouldnt be horrible and him knowing the offense is a definite good thing.
    :: Whoa, where the hell was I for 2 years?::

SA First Blitzburgh Blitzburgh55's Avatar
    I doubt it even Duec maybe be worst I just dont see the steelers cuttin the deuc

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    If anything Haynes would get more time as the counterpart to Willie and then Kuhn could take over as the 3rd down back or a change of pace, IMO. It's a definate possibility that Kuhn could make this team but Haynes runs with alot of power and breaks tackles and in camp so far and late last year he's really come on when we needed him.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Kuhn hasn't been playing against other teams starters on D either so he should have better numbers. I trust the coaching staff we have to make the right choices. We may not always know why they make them but that is why they get paid millions and we don't.......lol

Kuhn will be on the team in the next year though. He's shown some good skills and it would be a shame for us to lose him.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Kuhn has been looking good. He runs very strong. Very possible Duce could be gone. Read an article they were shopping him around.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    a coworker of mine went to highschool with kuhn so you know he's pumped about this

Thread Information