Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Not looking good for Joey Porter!

Bookmark and Share
    everything ive read on spencer is beastly and says the guy is gonna be great

Reppin' 724
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    ok........never speak again you obviously don't follow college ball or read up on prospects
    eh...I could pppoooosssssiibblllyyy see Spencer falling to the 2nd round....but if he made it to the third round, then we should start testing NFL GM's, execs, and coaches for drugs too.

i dont think he'll drop at this point and if he does it because he didnt get alot of attention because he was at purdue.....hes a beast and hes done everything right so far......

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i dont think he'll drop at this point and if he does it because he didnt get alot of attention because he was at purdue.....hes a beast and hes done everything right so far......
    school has nothing to do with a drop, look at demarcus ware, who the hell is troy??? lol......
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Gold Standard

Blitzburgh55 has stolen a page from your book Koopa

ok........never speak again you obviously don't follow college ball or read up on prospects
    It seems you are not the only one to make outrageous statements meant only to "stir the pot" (Bradshaw couldn't play in todays league)
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    That's not saying much !
    Remember we talked about this in January Heard on sirius that Joey will probably be an X steeler They also said that the way porter runs his mouth probably didn't set good with tomlin either ! They pointed out his last antics when he goudged ratbird jamal lewis in the eyes,,,,,,

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    If Tomlin can't appreciate the way Joey plays then there is something really wrong with that picture. None of us knows for sure if that's true or not and if Joey doesnt come back I'd hardly think it was because he was a trash talker but rather it being more of a business decision based on his level of play in their eyes vs how much he wants.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    If Tomlin can't appreciate the way Joey plays then there is something really wrong with that picture. None of us knows for sure if that's true or not and if Joey doesnt come back I'd hardly think it was because he was a trash talker but rather it being more of a business decision based on his level of play in their eyes vs how much he wants.
    don't blame this on tomlin.....tomlin is a puppet, and it's clear, this is all colberts work......tomlin won't have any real say for at least 2 years.........

and even then, it's a business, and porter doesn't produce on the field on a consisntent basis so i understand why they might let him go.........he isn't worth big bucks, only worth a fair contract, not what he wants
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I didn't say it was true, in fact I said that None of us knows for sure if it is. I was just simply saying that IF it was true, that's bullshit for that to be a reason to let someone go... but in any event, I think his play has been good, despite his injuries he's still performed at a high level and he is the unquestioned emotional leader of this team.

The dude gets sacks, makes tackles, drops into coverage....to the naked eye of non Steeler fan it may seem like he's not done well but to those of us that are fans and know what our LB's do in our system, it's not all about the sacks.

All I know is, this team is needing leaders now within the locker room of 53 guys, more than ever, and letting go proven leaders is not in the best interest of this team IMO.

Reppin' 724
    don't blame this on tomlin.....tomlin is a puppet, and it's clear, this is all colberts work......tomlin won't have any real say for at least 2 years.........

and even then, it's a business, and porter doesn't produce on the field on a consisntent basis so i understand why they might let him go.........he isn't worth big bucks, only worth a fair contract, not what he wants
    it pains me to say this, b/c I love Joey and hate agreeing with Koop....but.....

I agree

Thread Information