Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Okoye

Bookmark and Share
    Gold Standard

Okoye

Injures Hamstring During Combine
    by Adam Caplan of TheNFLexperts.com, February 26, 2007 at 9:37pm ET

Amobi Okoye Profile

scout.com has learned University of Louisville DT Amobi Okoye, who suffered a hamstring injury during Monday's NFL combine workout, will be participating fully at his pro day on March 26.
    The original plan was for him to participate fully at the combine and rest on his performance there. But because he wasn't able to complete the full workout, he's expected to do everything next month.

If that is a bad hamstring injury he won't be ready in 4 weeks! Look how long Hines Ward's hamstring bothered him last year! Ouch!
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

House of Steel
    That is going to really hurt his stock, watch him drop in the ratings now. He just might fall to us. Okoye or Spencer? I still say, Spencer.

Gold Standard

If he falls we need to catch him!

Quote Originally Posted by House of Steel View Post
    That is going to really hurt his stock, watch him drop in the ratings now. He just might fall to us. Okoye or Spencer? I still say, Spencer.
    Dude! If Okoye falls to us in the 15 spot there is no way you can pass on him! The way this guy dominated senior week by embarassing the best O-lineman in this years draft? You have to take him! He didn't just have a good game that you might be tempted to say was a fluke........he dominated the whole week in practice against the Norths O-lineman too! He was the story at senior week! If a blown hammy scares off a couple teams from taking him than that would be good news for us IMO! Remember that Anthony Spencer played in that game too and didn't do a whole lot of news worthy stuff that week. Not saying Spencer isn't good........but he aint Okoye! I have said this before.....because of other teams urgent needs it is possible that Tomlin and Colbert may have to make that choice!
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

House of Steel
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, OK, That would be Black n Gold luck if we got both. Okoye 1st Rounder, Spencer in the 2nd Rounder.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    Dude! If Okoye falls to us in the 15 spot there is no way you can pass on him! The way this guy dominated senior week by embarassing the best O-lineman in this years draft? You have to take him! He didn't just have a good game that you might be tempted to say was a fluke........he dominated the whole week in practice against the Norths O-lineman too! He was the story at senior week! If a blown hammy scares off a couple teams from taking him than that would be good news for us IMO! Remember that Anthony Spencer played in that game too and didn't do a whole lot of news worthy stuff that week. Not saying Spencer isn't good........but he aint Okoye! I have said this before.....because of other teams urgent needs it is possible that Tomlin and Colbert may have to make that choice!
    I agree. I think he is going to be a special player and his upside is so high since he is only 19. Yea if Okoye is there at 15 noway the Steelers can pass on him. Especially if a move to the 4-3/Tampa2 is in the works in the future. We all saw how good Warren Sapp was in the Tampa2. Not saying Sapp wasn't a good football player period just saying Sapp fit that system well and I think Okoye would be like SappX5 in the Tampa2.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    That hamstring injury worries me. If it's just a tweak then he'll be fine in 4 weeks but until we know for sure how bad it is Im not ready to make a number 15 pick on a guy who could have potential problems down the road. It all depends on the severity of it is all.

Gold Standard

He's only 19 years old!

He seems to think that he will be ready for a pro-day in a month (March 26th). This guy is going to be a stud in the NFL! He will be ready to sign his second pro-contract at the ripe old age of 23. Are you kidding me? You would be hard pressed to find another player with more upside than Okoye! And if you caught any of the interviews with this young man he is very humble and soft spoken and respectful! Reminded me of the interviews Troy gave after we drafted him. You sense no cockiness or attitude with this young man at all! I have said this before, he reminds me of a young Joe Greene with the way he plays! If he is available.......you re-assess your draft strategy and adjust. You can't pass this guy up! Especially with Jacksonville and Cincinnati drafting not far behind us! Much rather have Ben cheering for this guy on the sidelines than running for his life from him wearing Bungal stripes!

SA First Blitzburgh Blitzburgh55's Avatar
    This is good news becuze he might fall to us His hammy will be fine he isnt TO

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Every player worth his weight in the NFL is going to push to be on the field no matter what and sometimes they get over zealous and rush back. That's all Im saying. If he's ready and healthy come draft time and this injury is nothing more than a 1 time thing, then let's go get him if he falls to us, no question !!

However if there is a doubt about how significant this injury is, and hamstrings can be chronic as we all know, then we need to do as much indepth research as we can to find out how severe it really is. His pro day will tell us a lot more.
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 02-27-2007 at 09:57 PM.

all i can say is "Oh yeah" You guys already know how i feel about OKOYE Hope he falls to us !

Thread Information