Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lawrence Timmons and Tim Shaw

Bookmark and Share
    Gold Standard

Lawrence Timmons and Tim Shaw

I have heard Timmons name mentioned in a couple mocks as a possible Steeler pick. Liked what I saw of him in the combine. He is fast, agile, possesses great lateral movement and dropped back in coverage very smoothly. He is a great football player! Wouldn't be upset with this pick. I am still on the Spencer bandwagon.......B&G4vr32 but we need to explore other options because your boy is not a lock IMO

Loved everything that I saw about Tim Shaw. He is probably not a day 1 pick but he is about as unselfish and blue collar as you will find. This guy could be a special teams stud 4.43 40 and could contribute on defense as well if Farrior or Foote went down. Would love this guy as a day 2 pick!

Gaines Adams looked pretty good too! Probably won't fall to 15th but you never know!

I think there are a few guys on the defensive side of the ball that if they should slip through and fall into your lap you gotta take em!

1. Gaines Adams
    2. Jamaal Anderson
    3. Amobi Okoye

Stranger things have happened than guys like this falling into our lap! Adams could also fall into that tweener category and possibly Anderson too! Okoye wouldn't fit into our 3-4 defense very well but it sure would be nice to unleash him into the occasional cover-2 as a DT! I don't think you could pass on those three guys if they are available! Draft the best defensive player available and find ways to utilize his skills!

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    I have heard Timmons name mentioned in a couple mocks as a possible Steeler pick. Liked what I saw of him in the combine. He is fast, agile, possesses great lateral movement and dropped back in coverage very smoothly. He is a great football player! Wouldn't be upset with this pick. I am still on the Spencer bandwagon.......B&G4vr32 but we need to explore other options because your boy is not a lock IMO

Loved everything that I saw about Tim Shaw. He is probably not a day 1 pick but he is about as unselfish and blue collar as you will find. This guy could be a special teams stud 4.43 40 and could contribute on defense as well if Farrior or Foote went down. Would love this guy as a day 2 pick!

Gaines Adams looked pretty good too! Probably won't fall to 15th but you never know!

I think there are a few guys on the defensive side of the ball that if they should slip through and fall into your lap you gotta take em!

1. Gaines Adams
    2. Jamaal Anderson
    3. Amobi Okoye

Stranger things have happened than guys like this falling into our lap! Adams could also fall into that tweener category and possibly Anderson too! Okoye wouldn't fit into our 3-4 defense very well but it sure would be nice to unleash him into the occasional cover-2 as a DT! I don't think you could pass on those three guys if they are available! Draft the best defensive player available and find ways to utilize his skills!

What sucks is we don't know after this year if Tomlin will use more 4-3/Tampa 2 down the road. So a LB like Timmons or a DL like Okoye would be very smart picks.

If he plans on switching the defense after this year then you have to start drafting players for that system. But see thats whats good about Spencer since he could play DE in a 4-3. But I wouldn't complain if Okoye or Timmons are drafted. Actually I want Okoye more then Spencer. I just love Okoye's upside since he is only 19.

As for Tim Shaw I agree with you bigtime. I think he could be a beast on special teams.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    As for Gaines Adams if he fell to 15 man I don't what I would do. I like him alot to. Alot of good football players in this draft thats for sure.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    As for Gaines Adams if he fell to 15 man I don't what I would do. I like him alot to. Alot of good football players in this draft thats for sure.
    i'd probably bust a nut , to bad for adams to fall to 15 hell would have to freeze over and pigs would have to fly at the site time lol

as for timmons, i wouldn't mind that pick at all, cause i like what i have read on him, but i never mention him cause i want more of a DE/OLB player
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Adams and anderson arent really tweeners like you said......theyd be big ****ing linebackers lol....they are like 6-6 arent they lol, they are hands down rush the passer DEs, but i agree if one of them falls to us i dont think we have a choice since they could be nasty in a hybrid d

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    well from what i read they said gaines might be a tweener, but in his case i wouldn't care if he's only a DE, he's gonna be badass in the nfl, and if he fell to number 15, he's a for sure pick, unless colbert is a dumbass lol........this is gonna be his draft i think, cowher never let him have a legit say, so now he's probably gonna try to have the bigger say in who gets drafted, so all the busts will be his fault and all the good ones will be because of tomlin

i agree adams is gonna be a badass.....you know how you said Moses was saving himself for the combine....doesnt look like that so far, i think he might just suck lol

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i agree adams is gonna be a badass.....you know how you said Moses was saving himself for the combine....doesnt look like that so far, i think he might just suck lol
    lol, i said he was probably saving himself for the combine lol.......**** him, **** i hate this long *** wait, the draft needs to be held a week after the combine, **** a pro day, what's with all the scouting??? do they not get game film?? all this scouting almost makes the games pointless.....they don't judge them what they can do on the field i guess lol

thats why there are badasses drafted late, they performed there entire career, but suck at workouts....some players just canty get into it as much as when they are actually playing

Gold Standard

I would cry if they took Moses

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    I watched him play at the senior bowl and he looked horrible! Struggled to get off blocks even against the backs. When O-lineman blocked him he disappeared! The way I saw him play I would be disappointed with him as a 2nd day pick! I agree he sucks and was way overhyped! He would fit in with teams like Detroit or Cleveland where they don't expect much from their defensive players!
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

Thread Information