Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lawrence Timmons and Tim Shaw

Bookmark and Share
    i think that other DE from georgia outplayed him simply because he was better than him lol.....i dont know about being disappointed in him as a second day pick , i mean have you seen some of our second day picks lol? theres still some hope for him, but he was projected as a top 5 pick before the season.....cdan you say dissappointment?

Gold Standard

Jon Beaston looked good too!

They have him ranked as the best linebacker at the combines and from what I saw I agree! He is a beast! I think that lots of teams talk defense before the draft, but when push comes to shove a lot of teams have trouble passing up those offensive weapons! There are a lot of good wideouts in this years draft! 2 or 3 marquee RB's! Throw in the top QB's and top O-lineman and its always possible that one of those defensive beasts could fall into our lap. Its also possible that if those guys slip down into the double digit numbers that we could move up a couple spots to grab someone!
    Ya never know!

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

im not interested in moving up, i would rather move down and still get spencer in the first and move up in the second to grab bush, leonard or hunt

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    i saw on sportscenter a little bit ago, and the dude from rivals.com said timmons had a horrible combine, running in the 4.8........ and that he's gonna need to have a good pro day to solidify a first round pick
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Shaw was asked to move from MLB to DE for the 2006 season. He posted 44 tackles (26 solo), 8 tackles for a loss, 7 sacks, 1 QB hurry, 7 passes defended in 13 games. He also ran a 4.44-40 and he looked pretty sharp in most of the drills.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Gold Standard

Not true!

Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    i saw on sportscenter a little bit ago, and the dude from rivals.com said timmons had a horrible combine, running in the 4.8........ and that he's gonna need to have a good pro day to solidify a first round pick
    Lawrence Timmons Florida State 6007 234 25 4.62 4.67

He had good 40 times and he also looked really good in the agility drills! I don't know where that reporter got his information because the guys on NFL network loved the workout they saw from Timmons and had him behind only Jon Beason on their charts.
    Last edited by BlackGold4vr; 02-27-2007 at 11:20 AM.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

House of Steel
    You know reporters are bound to screw up. I heard Timmons flat out shined at the Combine. Shaw did very well also.

SA First Blitzburgh Blitzburgh55's Avatar
    Lawrence Timmons had a horrible combine said the ESPNN people and they thought he was 6'3" he is only 6'1"

Gold Standard

Need to lay off the crack pipe at ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzburgh55 View Post
    Lawrence Timmons had a horrible combine said the ESPNN people and they thought he was 6'3" he is only 6'1"
    Did you actually watch the linebackers perform their drills? I did! I can tell you that of all the OLB's who performed only Jon Beason looked a little better than Timmons! That was on the agility drills and pass coverage drills. Timmons ran his 40 a little faster than Beason. Whoever at ESPN said Timmons had a bad combine must be a horses *** when it comes to watching football. Someone else in this thread completely got the guys 40 times wrong too! He ran one of the faster 40's for the OLB group! Like I said earlier in this thread the guy is a stud and I would not be dissappointed if the Steelers picked this guy!

SA First Blitzburgh Blitzburgh55's Avatar
    I like Shaw but he isnt a 1st rounder and Beaston or Timmons isnt on my Draft wish list

Thread Information